Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,483,010   Online: 769

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1 for thr Nikkor-H 50/2. I have two, one for each body. They're both great lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    So is this Voightlander 40mm f/2 something special?
    Well, my copy is the sharpest lens I've used. Wide open. I do have Nikon's 50, and it is very sharp, but the Voight is head and shoulders better. With that lens, you don't need to stop down to improve sharpness. It obviously outresolves the sensors and any film I used it with. It's got a perfect touch of the focusing ring. It has this special contrast between sharp and out-of focus areas that it makes it easy to snap into focus. I'm sorry, I'm not a good writer so I can't describe it well, but I highly recommend to try this lens. I just wish I had the money to buy the other Voightlander lenses for my Nikons

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the reply. I had the Nikon 45/2.8 once and loved its small size. The Voigtlander is also a little faster and a little wider.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Any manual 50 Nikkor will work great, and they are obscenely cheap.
    However, here's something new though it's again a Voigtlander, but not the 40/2 (which I would love to have). I own a Voigtlander Nokton 58/1.4 and it's fabulous - sharp, sharp, sharp and absolutely wonderful when stopped down just a bit. I love my old Nikkors but this lens is built so well no Nikkor of mine can touch it when it comes to focusing feel. Colors are amazing, it draws beautifully. On top of that, the way it renders OOF areas is much better than what you will see in any lens in that focal and price range. I got mine used but in like-new condition, together with the hood and boxes for $325. It's the later, chipped, SLII version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin