Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,540   Posts: 1,572,768   Online: 884

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Which battery for a Pentax K1000?

I need to get a battery for my 2nd K1000 and when i searched the web it states that i need a LR44 but my other K1000 has a Energizer 357/303 in it that always worked fine. Does it matter which battery i buy? Thanks..

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    They are interchangeable. My ME-F and K1000 work with either. I would suggest getting the silver oxide variety (SR44). Mine are purchased through Amazon but there are other places.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The LR44 is an alkaline battery, the Energizer 357 is a silver oxide battery. For camera's a silver oxide is preferred.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    They are interchangeable. My ME-F and K1000 work with either. I would suggest getting the silver oxide variety (SR44). Mine are purchased through Amazon but there are other places.
    Thanks! Im heading to the local Walgreen's to see if they have the SR44 or the others .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MrclSchprs View Post
    The LR44 is an alkaline battery, the Energizer 357 is a silver oxide battery. For camera's a silver oxide is preferred.
    Im glad i seen your reply before i left. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The LR44 and the 357 are the same size battery the only difference is the LR44 is an alkaline battery and the 357 is silver oxide battery. They can be used interchangeably. I tend to stay away from alkaline batteries on cameras with analog light meters because of the battery discharge curve. the voltage of Alkaline batteries taper off as as they drain eventually causing inaccurate light meter readings as the battery ages. Silver oxide and lithium batteries are better suited, they have a flatter discharge curve, meaning they maintain their rated voltage for a longer period, in some cases right up to the point the battery becomes exhausted. Hope this helps.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have no experience with the K1000 but this is what a quick search and wikipedia gives (for whatever that's worth)
    look at the last silver-oxide version
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LR44_battery

edit: damn, that's what I get for typing and then leaving the computer...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just went down the block to my local Walgreen's and picked up a three pack.. Quite cheap for Walgreens! $4.99 each or a three pack for $9.99.. Thanks everyone..

Shooter
    35mm
    The K1000 has a built in voltage regulator so a change in voltage from an alkaline battery will not result in incorrect exposure readings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    The K1000 has a built in voltage regulator so a change in voltage from an alkaline battery will not result in incorrect exposure readings.
    I was going to say that many had this. Good to know the K1000 does as well. A friend gave me a pristine K1000 for Christmas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin