Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,633   Online: 943

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gas Problems

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I haven't bought a new camera or lens for almost a year, and I can feel the Gas building. Just now I was looking at the cameraleather.com site for ideas on what camera to buy next. That's sad. Very, very sad. Sort of like buying a house because you have some remodeling ideas you want to try out.

Apart from that, my next purchase will likely be an EOS 1V to replace a 1N. Or maybe a Contax RTS II + winder. Perhaps a Contax ST + battery pack. Or maybe an EF 200mm f/2.8. But money's been very tight for the last few years. I find myself perusing the KEH catalog during down-times in the reading room, looking for inspiration. ...
    I make rules and excuses to keep myself from buying things I don't need. Doesn't the 1V have plastic spools? Contax SLRs are nice, but good luck getting one repaired if it breaks. And so on Or you can just walk away - that's kept me from buying lots of things I didn't need
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    The best cure for G.A.S that I know is the realization that when you own the World's best, biggest, most hi tech and expensive equipment and your work is still crap you have nowhere to go, or have anything to blame.
    But you can have both: good work and a collection of extraordinary cameras; if you can.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If anyone decides they just need to relax and go with the flow, I can fix them up with an Olympus right angle macro finder and 50mm lens so their camera will look just like the one posted earlier. I'll even throw in a roll of Tums. Just trying to help . . . Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thankfully, my most recent attack was solved by realizing I'm just not ready for the complications of large format. My GAS is now being redirected back where it should have been - filters for the mamiya tlr, CLA for the Zeiss, and a spare Minolta X-?? body. Then there's that pinhole lens project for the ME Super with the broken meter. Oh, and some lighting.

It seems that my GAS is more limited by time than money. I just don't have time to go looking for all this stuff, let alone use it.

Hmmmmm.... that 28-85 mm, EX, $109 looks nice. Tomalophicon, why did you have to mention KEH?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    You motherfuckers made me look on KEH.
    thanks a lot!
    Did it on purpose.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't feel bad; enjoy it!
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    You motherfuckers made me look on KEH.
    thanks a lot!
    And you are much better off than before! Don't you feel better now?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have stopped buying and now only do trades. There are things that I use all the time, there are things that I use occasionally, and then there is stuff that's in my "churn pot". The idea is to replace the churn with things I will use. It's a very slow process as shiny objects tend to trick me into thinking that I might need them while I really don't and won't, but it still works.

I dread the moment when I realize that there is nothing left to trade, though I am hopeful that my ability to recognize my true needs is just bad enough that this horrible moment won't come soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin