Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,662   Posts: 1,481,616   Online: 907

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas Problems

Shooter
    Multi Format

Gas Problems

I haven't bought a new camera or lens for almost a year, and I can feel the Gas building. Just now I was looking at the cameraleather.com site for ideas on what camera to buy next. That's sad. Very, very sad. Sort of like buying a house because you have some remodeling ideas you want to try out.

Apart from that, my next purchase will likely be an EOS 1V to replace a 1N. Or maybe a Contax RTS II + winder. Perhaps a Contax ST + battery pack. Or maybe an EF 200mm f/2.8. But money's been very tight for the last few years. I find myself perusing the KEH catalog during down-times in the reading room, looking for inspiration.

My latest 'thing' seems to be trying different make lenses on EOS bodies. The only ones in my arsenal that fit are the Contax C/Y mount and Mamiya M645 mount. Got any other ideas?

I need a cheaper hobby....
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What is GAS? Would that be Gear Acquistion Syndrome?
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are basically two ways of getting rid of gas. Why not pick one and do iot... and then you can stop talking about it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just to add fuel to your GAS . . . how about OM lenses and even the OM Magnifier on a Canon 1VHS?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about 1 of these ? Once you use they eye control focus point (ie:7e) you might never want anything else. My GAS excuse for an EOS 3...
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 02-11-2012 at 12:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd suggest stop eating beans.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Just to add fuel to your GAS . . . how about OM lenses and even the OM Magnifier on a Canon 1VHS?

That looks sweet! GAS is creping up on me again. how is the focusing with that, do you use a special screen? I tried using legacy lenses on my canon dslr and and for the life of me I can't get the right focus unless I use live view.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use pre-AI Nikkors on many of my digital EOS bodies.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S / 90 3.8 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / 5D d*****l / L lenses

Shooter
    35mm
    "Gas problem" is a bit unfortunate a thread title from a user named "flatulent"
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format

Yup, the 1V is a pretty awesome machine, especially since you can get them for around $500 now. If I shot Canon, I don't see really any reason I wouldn't have one of these.

BTW, since renting one of these with the 50L for the weekend, i'm starting to get some of that gas too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin