Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,646   Online: 1141

Shooter
    Large Format

Revueflex AC2 doesn't work

Hi,
    I've found an old camera in the attic a couple of weeks ago. It didn't have film or batteries, so I put some in.
    It doesn't work. I can cock the shutter but when I press the shutter, nothing happens.
    The LED indicator works (pressing shutter button half way), but when I push further, nothing happens.
    Did I forget something or is the camera broken?

Any suggestions?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Fixed it, for now. The part that prevents the shutter cocker (is that the correct term?) to keep rotating bitween shots, has got a broken little spring. This spring is hair thin and I can't find another one. I used some of that 3d paper art spungy tape to create a spring. The shutter works, but I can double cock the film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I managed to make a spring with the right tention and more durability than the spungy stape. The double cock problem is also solved.
    I have seen that the seals have become brittle and sticky. I think it all seals up sufficiant, but I haven't seen the pictures jet. (picking them up today)
    Is it recomendable to replace the seals and how can I do that?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You can find some general info on replacing light seals here:

http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/sealreplacement.html

If you can't find the right material locally, try sending Mr. John Goodman an email at

jgood21967@aol.com

he may even be able to prepare a pre-made kit for your camera. The Revue AC2 is better known as the Chinon CE4 Memotron and it is a fine old camera, and well worth preserving. You can download a PDF manual for your camera at this link:

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/chinon/...e-4-splash.htm

Please consider a small donation via PayPal to Mr. Butkus, he provides a wealth of information for film-camera users.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you for the information. I did find the manual for the Revueflex AC2 on the butkus website. Chinon CE4 Memotron does look a lot like my camera.
    I received a couple of PM's about how to replace the seals. First pictures are developed and printed. So far no light leaks, but the sticky deteriating seals might damage the camera. Better change them soon.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I changed the seals. Man, what a lot of junk came from the old seals! I used a regular sheet of black felt and some 2mm black foam. Pictures from the next film will prove if my work was good.
    I noticed the groundglass / fresnel lens is a bit dirty after I placed the film. Going to have to clean that next time I open the camera.
    I've got a used (taken out in light) roll of 36 film that has about 24 more pictures to go. I could roll it back on the spool and continue, but I can also cut off the part that has been exposed and continue. What is recomendable?

Shooter
    Large Format
    How do you clean the ground glass from a 35mm SLR. It seems I can't take it out to clean. I've tried blowing with a little bellow thing, but that didn't work. I tried quetips with a some water, later windex but that didn't work either. It doesn't really bother me, because I know it won't influence what shows up on film, but I'd like to see a clear image.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin