Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,655   Online: 824

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    I recently went through a strange time period where I was losing cameras. All my life I've been relatively lucky or careful, but then weird things happened in spades. I lost two cameras, a Minolta 807si and a Olympus Stylus Epic to drowning, a $300 digicam to vanishing (have no clue where it went. It simply went *between*) and a Canon EOS-3 to leaky battery corrosion. I have also misplaced a nice little Minolta Freedom Zoom EX point and shoot that I recently gave up the search on and got one on eBay. I have two of them now. Somewhere. Oh, and I recently came across a Canon EOS-1n that i would have swore I sold, and not only that, it had film in it. Found film is always fun, especially when it's your own!

The ones I drowned and the battery issue are understandable, but how do cameras simply vanish? Anyone else *know* you own a camera but can't find it? We have a cat too, who simply vanishes. Perhaps Iowa has a Bermuda triangle that floats around my house.
    i had a hasselblad disappearand a good friend right withit.now, i'm not sure whichof the two i miss most.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    there is a parallel world where things go when the are tired of us for a while -- socks, lens caps, pens, and for you, apparently, cameras.

Have you asked yourself if you are asking too much of these items, emotionally? Perhaps you are too possessive and your possessions need more of a break than most.

Shooter
    Large Format
    i have had similar things happen
    light meters, film, flashes, snoots, chemistry, friends
    "stuff" but luckily no cameras yet
    i have also had the opposite thing happen
    things just appear, not my stuff, at least
    not stuff i remember ... and fish in a fish tank ( 9 instead of 6 ) ...
    i was told by a scholar that the "stuff" that just appears
    is like ... well, it like the opposite of the alien abduction theory ...
    the stuff that goes missing, well, it is usually in plain sight
    out of view being used in an alternate reality ...
    sometimes i find it in the bottom of the cup after a fewcups of espresso

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A friend once suggested the rings of Saturn were made up of lost airline luggage -- perhaps there are other materials mixed in.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Check the same place that single sox go to.
    Just before I moved house a couple of years ago, I managed to find twenty six socks in a drawer without a single pair.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Just before I moved house a couple of years ago, I managed to find twenty six socks in a drawer without a single pair.

Steve.
    Have you notified the police that you may have just been 'robbed' by a one-legged burglar?

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It happens to me too, right now the only flash meter I have is missing. I had a couple of semi rare tool's bought from the estate of a old friend who had passed away went missing and were gone for eight years. Last fall they just showed up on a shelf one day. Never have figured out how that happened.
    What bugs me most of all is a book titled MYSTERIES OF THE UNEXPLAINED that just appeared out of nowhere on my bookshelf. I did not bring it home, and no one else in the house knows anything about it. Its a strange thing to have that happen.
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    About 6 months ago, I realized that I couldn't find two cameras. I looked everywhere multiple times. Then I found one of them on my workbench right in plain sight with 3 or 4 other cameras. Then I finally remembered that I had dropped off the other missing camera at the repair shop for a CLA when I picked up a completed CLA camera from the shop. That made me realize that I don't need any more cameras.

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    jmck - "There is a reason for that problem But I can not remember what it is."

^^HAHAHAHA^^

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm I have the reverse problem... I think I have too many cameras when I go look for a certain one and find one I forgot I had... or maybe my apartment is on the other end of the wormhole where all your cameras vanish too.... at least the cats haven't found their way here...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin