Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,239   Online: 1100

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost cameras

Shooter
    35mm

Lost cameras

I recently went through a strange time period where I was losing cameras. All my life I've been relatively lucky or careful, but then weird things happened in spades. I lost two cameras, a Minolta 807si and a Olympus Stylus Epic to drowning, a $300 digicam to vanishing (have no clue where it went. It simply went *between*) and a Canon EOS-3 to leaky battery corrosion. I have also misplaced a nice little Minolta Freedom Zoom EX point and shoot that I recently gave up the search on and got one on eBay. I have two of them now. Somewhere. Oh, and I recently came across a Canon EOS-1n that i would have swore I sold, and not only that, it had film in it. Found film is always fun, especially when it's your own!

The ones I drowned and the battery issue are understandable, but how do cameras simply vanish? Anyone else *know* you own a camera but can't find it? We have a cat too, who simply vanishes. Perhaps Iowa has a Bermuda triangle that floats around my house.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Haha you should develop the film and see who's the culprit. Maybe its the cat going on adventures. Though how a house cat could hold something like an 1n, I cannot fathom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe's its a bobcat from the woods across his backyard.
    - Derek
    Looking for a parts prism for the Minolta XE / XE 7.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a reason for that problem But I can not remember what it is.

Shooter
    35mm
    The cat took it and hocked it for some Meow Mix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cameras do vanish. Especially during a move. I had a pristine Century Graphic with red bellows and 8 backs. Vanished during a move 11 years ago. The only thing I could find was the backs. Then there was the SRT 101b and X-700 that vanished about 5 years ago. And if the missing cameras weren't bad enough, all my Kodachromes of a European trip vanished. We have a cat but he swears he didn't do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check the same place that single sox go to.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In her younger days our cat often disappeared into the cat dimension, this is a dimension at right-angles to our own, where cats head when they want to get away for a while. Occasionally they suck other things in with them as they go through the portal. Sometimes the stuff comes back, other times not.

Socks seem especially vulnerable to entering the cat dimension. Some of my tools have made several round trips.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    You seem to have found a superb answer to the problem of too many cameras

When you have reached the joy of total camera loss get thyself a reliable single camera you like - Use it day in day out so your hand feels empty without it, except when you are in the darkroom printing the negs from your camera which by now will fit seamlessly between your hand and eye and the images will become an extension of your mind

In the meantime, insure what you have left

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I loose cameras, but later I find them. I just have too many
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin