Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,091   Online: 1152

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    II've wondered whether the person listing the equipment even knows about John Hermanson.
    I am well aware of the excellent and well-deserved reputation of Mr. Hermanson However, with as many as 6 OM1 bodies, I simply could not afford his service. (Yes, I guess I became overexcited with what can be done of an OM1 with proper service...) I've no doubt he would do a great job on them, but his service would cost me $109+$59(prism)+$18(new leather kit)+$15(leather installation charge)=$201 per body. Add the price of a donor OM-1 from eBay, cost of shipping (all directions), and we're talking $300+. I would be only be able to afford one OM1 done at this price... and now I have a bunch of brightly colored cameras that I'm free to keep or sell (if I can).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Aoleg

I'm in the UK and an OM user. Could you post a link to Bill Heywood. I use another guy for OM work - Mike Spencer at camerarepairs-r-us - but its always nice to have a backup source of repairs. BTW, Mike is great - a real gent - and provides excellent quality service.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bill can be contacted at bill (dot) heywood (at) gmx (dot) com.

Shooter
    35mm
    Postage from the UK to the US and back would be very expensive. If you need a good service facility in the UK, ask John Foster at www.biofos.com. He is certainly the worlds foremost authority on Olympus cameras, and should be happy to point someone in the proper direction to keep an OM alive.

Shooter
    35mm
    Correct. I know when I ship completed repairs back to Europe, shipping charges can be around $40, varying with insurance. John

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I highly recommend Michael Spencer in the UK as well. He's done excellent work for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin