Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,872   Online: 1104

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Suppliers of older camera parts...

Are there these kind of sites/places out there? I've for a couple of cameras that I could get going if I could find the parts. (eg a battery cover for a Ricoh XR7/Sigma SA-1, original straps for older 35 mm cameras, etc.)

Googled it, but either they are buried below my poor search wording, or are rare/non existent.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.790788,-90.481064

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought SLR's for a £1 each (($1.60) at camera fairs being sold specifically as parts cameras. I needed some parts for a Spotmatic and the repairman wanted £5 for a simple screw (unusual reverse thread0 because he'd have to take it from a camera that was potentially repairable.

Straps are 2 a penny as well at camear fairs.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I may have to give that a try. My biggest problem with that, is my technical roots. I have a bad tendency to try to fix whatever I come across. Meaning, I'd soon be working on fixing the parts camera. ;-). But maybe they will work a deal if I let them keeps the rest of the lot. It would be better for me, if they did. Probably better for me, if I paid the full price, and then gave the rest back to them to sell again.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.790862,-90.481091

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sometimes stuff shows up on ebay? For the last few months ago some guy was parting out a bunch of Yashica NOS parts. That battery cover on the XR7 looks like it holds the batteries, like a Yashica battery cover/holder from a Yashica FX3. That guy on e-bay may have had that but probably sold by now.

Out of curiosity, what kind of camera are you working on that takes a special strap (besides a Rolleiflex TLR)?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Swap meets can work but often sellers will only offer "working"(by their definition only)cameras that, despite being intact, are really parts candidates. I've only rarely seen junk yard tables of parts only that are bagged and labeled. eBay often has tow-away junkers that can be broken down. Stuff like straps are often not worth the bother if aftermarket replacements with do even better. With 35mm manual cameras so cheap, especially somewhat off brands, is it really worth it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a Rolleicord V, and a Mamiya 645 Super that have "unusual" straps. At the same time I do like to find factory straps, especially if they originally had the maker's name, where I can; just to complete the kit. I do have, and use, more comfortable modern straps when I am going to spend the day out shooting.

(I particularly like to use my old Kodak 70s era strap with my digicam. Confuses the bejeezus out of the young'uns.)

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.790815,-90.480937

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got a new old stock Rolleicord strap from KEH a few years ago, but a standard strap will fit.

Shooter
    35mm
    Try DAG camera. There are others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look up KEH.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On the bay, search for "broken", "parts", or "for parts" in the Camera section it will come up with about a bazillion listings but can be edited down with the sub-catagories.
    Several of the broken/parts camerasI've bought needed new seals and a battery to work.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin