Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,731   Posts: 1,515,256   Online: 805

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikon FM2 Part Replacement

I've just recently treated myself to a Nikon FM2, which was a better price due to a missing rewind crank arm. You can still rotate the circular part with your finger, but because the arm is missing, it's very slow.

That being said, does anyone know if this part is standard on any other nikons? I'd like to find a junker body and cannibalize it, but there are very few junker FM2s.
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You might investigate availability/fit of the crank+washers+spring for the FM3A from Nikon. Suspect the crank from an FE might work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know a EM crank doesn't fit on an FE.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most independent repair shops will have a box of these and should be willing to sell you a handle.
    Are you also missing the small spring that goes under it to give it tension? It's not a coil spring just a piece of oddly shaped metal.
    If nothing else, go to the bay, category "cameras" and "parts" It will give you a choice of sub-categories, film cameras is the one you want.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    You can get the whole knob assembly from eBay. See 320366477772

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got it replaced for $10 at the local camera shop. I was surprised, it only took them five minutes to find the part.
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin