Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,160   Online: 1092

Shooter
    35mm

Fd lenses in M42 mount

Hello APUG,

I purchased recently a K-3 16mm movie camera. I haven't seen it yet (since it is being shipped from Russia), but I've read that it uses M42 Pentax mount lenses. I own a decent amount of Canon FD lenses, and I was wondering if there is any way of adapting them to the camera. I know that the 35mm focal length would give me very different angles in 16mm, but, apart from that, are my lenses usable with this new body?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nope, as FD has shorter registration distance than M42, so same thing happens as when you want to mount them to EOS body.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow, that sounds terrible... is it totally impossible? Makes me think... aren't the FD-Eos adapters designed to fight this issue with the optical element they have? I wonder if it would be possible to create an adapter with an integrated element to compensate this. Thanks for your answer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Those adapters for EOS are not worth the trouble, as they degrade image quality. When switch to EF mount was made, Canon introduced some mild 1.2 teleconverters, that don't degrade quality that much, but their prices are extremely high now.
    As for M42, it' s older mount than FD, so as far as I know, no one ever bothered to make something like that. Theoretically, it is possible, but I don't really think it will be ever done.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin