Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,850   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 758

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll mail you $2 if you'll delete that post, Eugen. I can't believe someone is accusing someone else about being cheap and also promising retaliation over $2. Talk about cheap!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Mezei View Post
    Don't let you be fooled by them being in the camera business. They are not camera experts. They are traders. Their skills are in the comercial field not in the tehnical domain. In fact they could sell potatoes or whatever else.
    This is absolutely false....I've known King Grant (owner) for years even going back to the days when he had a store in Dallas Tx run by his now ex-wife and he along with his sons are in fact camera experts and excellent photographers in their own right. His ex even has a lot of camera knowledge...

I can't speak for any of the sales people but most sales people will usually say"I don't know" mainly for liability issues since they themselvies have not inspected the item(s) in particular you are inquiring about..
    Last edited by leicarfcam; 02-23-2012 at 09:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are not from the U.S. you will practically always buy As-Is from KEH.
    Don't let you be fooled by them being in the camera business. They are not camera experts. They are traders. Their skills are in the comercial field not in the tehnical domain. In fact they could sell potatoes or whatever else.
    They have a simple policy: If it doesn't correspond, turn it back. This is very nice but for up to a very high price limit practicable only if you reside in the US.
    I think this is very unfair, dude. I've been dealing with KEH for more than 20 years and the only time I was disappointed was when I bought an "UG" lens shade for a Rollei and it was worse than UG, it was junk, but I didn't send it back because I'm lazy and they do warn you that the stuff is pretty beat up in that category.

Other than that, everything I've bought from them is in better shape than what their description would lead you to believe. Their prices are fair. If used equipment occasionally has issues, well, welcome to the wonderful world of mechanical objects of any sort. If something's not perfect, you deal with it or you accept it, but you don't expect a dealer in used mechanical objects to always find every flaw in advance. That's unrealistic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    All of KEH's stuff is "AS-IS" since they don't test any of it. Search and you'll find plenty of stories of BGN, UG, EX items that simply don't work. What they're doing now is charging you more.
    They test the equipment to see if it works, but they do not to a complex check out of the equipment. If it does not work, they will take it back and refund the money or replace it.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are not from the U.S. you will practically always buy As-Is from KEH.
    I think you are really unfair and quite in accurate. They work hard to please and they have spent a lot of time with me on the telephone to get answers for my questions.

By the way, a few minutes on the internet would have told you that 3"x4" film is really 3" 1/4 x 4 1/4" or 3,25"x4,25", as written in Europe.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Everyone for your input.

Being a Overseas customer, I am going to be charged $65 for shipping a EX item so "What the hell buy some AS-IS, BGN and UG stuff for parts or to fix, shipping is going to be the same" I would not even bother sending a $12.00 Item back..... I am Expecting it to be Broken

Nothing I have bought has been of no use or Worse than described.

My best AS-IS buys needed just mirror foam and or a clean Others I used to fix my broken cameras.

My Latest UG Buy Just need to be put on a camera and used nothing UG here !!!

My EX Items have been in almostNew condition.

I am just disapointed that I won't have as much fun with the AS-IS and UG buys

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have always had good luck buying from them. I typically never buy items marked above bargain. Many of their bargain items showed up in much better shape than described. Once, I purchased a Bronica 135-w (panoramic) back from them and it showed up as a normal 35mm back. It had been labeled incorrectly. After many apologies from them, they paid to have it shipped back and quickly refunded me. Could not ask for better customer service.

Their as-is section was rather fun. One as-is purchase was a Bronica SQ that took three minutes and a butter knife to fix. Other as-is purchases were truly as is, but were useful for parts. I hope they bring it back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I see some complaints here. But do you have another mail order used camera store better than KEH?

Shooter
    35mm
    I will be unhappy if they don't bring back AS IS, I've gotten some interesting items from this category. The best was a pair of trashed RB67 bodies for $2 and $5, one with bad bellows that was otherwise in great shape, and another that was not working but had a nice bellows. Swapped the bellows, and presto, $17 RB67 body including shipping.

One Nikon F4 camera I bought from them (not AS IS but EX) had a bad aperture lever and I sent it back for a replacement with no trouble. In fact the only complaint I have about KEH in 15+ years of ordering from them is that I can't go wander around their stockroom in person.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sick and tired of folks bad-mouthing KEH.

You're buying used gear because you're too damned cheap to buy new gear.

IT'S USED GEAR.

KEH is a business. How much time can they expend checking something they sell for under $10?

They have excellent company policies regarding refunds and repair. Better than any other company I've dealt with.

If you don't like it, buy new.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin