Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,289   Online: 871

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    The OM4T display has a light available.
    Also in OM-2sp, you can illuminate the metered reading.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I did have the FM2 and FE cameras because they were part of the system I was using. Mostly back-ups for the F4/F5.

I've always thought the OM4T was the greatest camera Olympus ever made and is much more camera than the Nikon's.

If I was picking in this day and age I would go with the OM4T. Great spot metering, great construction, well thought out system.

The only advantage of the Nikon's is the availability of used items and lenses. Some of the exotic Olympus lenses are very hard to find. I remember seeing a 180 f2 at a news photographers trade show years ago, but have never seen one come up on ebay. Not that I'm watching every day.

If it was my money I would go with the OM4t.

-Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kivis View Post
    Any reputable repair shops in USA for OM Bodies?
    http://www.zuiko.com/
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The OM-4T is the more sophisticated camera, well built yet light which is a big consideration if you travel a lot with your gear. As long you are not on the hunt for exotic lenses, Zuiko glass can be quite reasonable.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As availability of spare parts will eventually become an issue, I'd be inclined to favour the FE2. There are far more of them around than OM4Ti's (at least here in the UK) It also wins out on the grounds of "the simpler the electronics, the less likely it is to fail". I've used FE2's, FM2's for years, they handle well, are solidly made to last a photographic lifetime.

Also, do you really need to take eight different spotmeter readings before exposing?...By the time you've done this, the picture opportunity is likely to have disappeared.....the sun's gone behind a cloud etc. etc. .....In my experience, in day to day photography, these complicated metering systems just don't get used.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote from Camtech: " OLYMPUS NO LONGER OFFERS FACTORY SERVICE FOR THE OM-3Ti or 4T/Ti champagne body. It is likely they will soon discontinue 4T / Ti Black service."
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    The OM4Ti is a much more valuable camera than the FE2. It was made to compete with the F3. For actual use I rather use the FE2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For repairs you might check out KEH.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If your use to your existing Nikons, then the new one will be intuitive and less chance of missing a shot.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As I used my OM4Ti for landscape photography generally I was very happy with it until I took up street photography covering parades and found that I could not focus fast enough to capture what I wanted. By the time I focused the expression on the subjects face had changed or the action was completed. It was then that I invested in an auto focus camera the Nikon F80 ( I now use the F100) but I still use the OM4Ti for my infrared photography which is still landscape based.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin