Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,985   Online: 684

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    what is the difference between the 4, 4t and the 4Ti. The 4Ti is expensive!
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Medium Format

No illumination on FE/FE2 meter a non-issue

I've been using the same Nikon FE for over 20 years. If I'm shooting by available light, there is always enough light to see the meter to get some idea of where it is. If it's that dark, I'm not hand holding, the camera is on a tripod. Either set it to A and go, or manually set the exposure as you think it should be.

Really with all the cameras I've ever had, I've NEVER used the in finder illumination. In fact, my FM that I just picked up a couple years ago is much more intrusive with the LED's blazing away in the dark!

Just my $0.02, which adjusted for inflation would be about -$36.84

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The OM-4 has brass top and bottom covers and first generation electronics. The older ones have a battery drain issue, but later on they were improved.

The OM-4T is identical to the OM-4Ti except the T model was for North America. Olympus differentiated the naming to help get gray-market sales under control. Both have second generation electronics and support the high-speed flash sync. They have Titanium top and bottom covers as well as improved environmental sealing.

There is a later generation of OM-4Ti bodies that had improved electronics for CE certification. At this point, the OM-4 naming was eliminated and the OM-4Ti became universal.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have had an FE for several years and I have really loved it! Only a time or two did I find myself wishing the meter was lit up. That is the only reason for me that makes me vaguely interested. When I looked at the price from KEH I lost my interest quickly!
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The OM-4Ti has a light that shines on the lens/shutter/aperture rings when you push a button. That's all you truly need to know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicthumbs View Post
    The OM-4Ti has a light that shines on the lens/shutter/aperture rings when you push a button. That's all you truly need to know.
    The light is only in the viewfinder and backlights just the LCD display. No aperture information in any OM viewfinder.

I had a odd thing happen the other day. My display was dead when I brought the camera up to eye level to take the picture. I lowered the camera, reset the camera, looked through the viewfinder and it was fine. Went to take the picture and the display disappeared again. After a few moments of puzzlement I discovered that I had my left hand over the top and my finger was blocking the window. Only time in years I've done that.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ken, I've done that a few times over the years.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Olympus OM4T hands down. The FE2 isnts even in the same class.

I shoot both Nikon and Olympus, the F3T or the FM3a would be a better match up.

I have 3 OM4Ts now, 2 operating, one was stripped for parts to fix the other 2. Personally I think they are the peak of aperture priority manual focus slr design, all wrapped up in the most elegant of packages.

I searched for awhile, but I just cant find it, but there was an awesome article written where testers threw a battery of crazy tests at it, deep frozen, water sprayed, dust cabinet, drop test. And then fired with film. then ultimately stripped down to check for penetration of dust, moisture, or broken parts. It passed with flying colors for its durability and sealing.

Shooter
    35mm
    You can find it here -> The OM4T Crash Test

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    You can find it here -> The OM4T Crash Test
    Interestingly, the Leica R6 (which I consider less tough than the Leicaflexes) did even a tad better in those tests...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin