Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,728   Posts: 1,515,219   Online: 961

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    More correctly I should have stated that besides the Olympus OM's, the Pentax LX uses OTF on all exposures - manual, aperture priority autoexposure and TTL flash.

Tim, The manual for the OM4T specifies an autoexposure of about 4 minutes - which is what I have managed to get on mine. So for the several minutes exposure you have gotten is that also autoexposure or just bulb?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    More correctly I should have stated that besides the Olympus OM's, the Pentax LX uses OTF on all exposures - manual, aperture priority autoexposure and TTL flash.

Tim, The manual for the OM4T specifies an autoexposure of about 4 minutes - which is what I have managed to get on mine. So for the several minutes exposure you have gotten is that also autoexposure or just bulb?
    I wonder how it does OTF exposure in manual?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I wonder how it does OTF exposure in manual?
    It doesn't

Shooter
    35mm
    Unlike the OM2 - which in manual mode has CDS in the viewfinder, the Pentax LX uses the same single SPC metering off the film plane.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Re: Nikon FE2 vs Olympus OM-4T(i)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Unlike the OM2 - which in manual mode has CDS in the viewfinder, the Pentax LX uses the same single SPC metering off the film plane.
    How is that possible? It can't open the shutter to measure in manual mode, can it? You would then expose the film while metering and adapting the settings...

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Last edited by Les Sarile; 01-08-2013 at 01:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Pentax LX when meter in manual doesn't measure the light off the film but rather via the piggy back mirror that reflects light to the sensor (similar to that of the Nikon F3)

Shooter
    127 Format
    The patterned shutter curtain, rear-facing sensor and the two-part mirror, like the OM-2S, OM-PC, OM-4/ti and OM-3/ti?

The design and technology was invented first by Olympus.

Just sayin'...
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Having seen used prices for other pro-level SLRs the LX looks an absolute bargain. Although the accessories tend to be fiercely expensive thanks to one or two ebay dealers artificially inflating the prices.
    Matt

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    Or you could do whatI read on the internet a couple of years ago, for all models of the OM2SP, OM4 and OM4T/i when not being used turn the shutter speed dial to B this disconnects the battery circuit and prevents battery drain. I have been doing this for a couple of years with no adverse effects and no battery drain on my OM bodies, I also do it with my OM2ns.
    Nikon's method seems superior.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin