Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,500   Online: 926

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EKDobbs View Post
    You wouldn't believe how many (digital) canon people own a whole collection of Nikon MF lenses.
    I recall seeing, in another context, some Canon users complaining they couldn't use their older, pre-EOS lenses with newer Canon gear; not being a Canon user I don't know how true this is. Maybe it is easier to use Nikon stuff?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Really people!...my Nikkors live on my Canon dSLRs....50/1.4 (and F2 too), 85/1.8-K, 105/2.5AIS, 135/2.8 (AI'd Q.C and later compact "K"), 180/2.8 ED, 200/4-Q AI'd, and 200/4AIS, and 300/4.5-H

Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Don't even get me started on the digital kooks. Yet another thing they're trying to take - all the decent MF lenses. And for what? A bunch of shitty bokeh shots?
    50/1.4AIS Nikkor 100% crop off my 40D

Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    Clearly it would be better if the digital folks couldn't use these lenses, then most of them would end up in the corners of closets or in the dump. Personally, I've yet to actually see someone using a digital camera with a vintage lens, but someone must be doing it, or they wouldn't be selling those adapters. And they're still pretty cheap compared to new lenses.
    Here's one....my old/long gone $50 beater....85/1.8 Nikkor-H (since replaced by an AI'd 85/1.8)...the above 50 was $60 with a working FE

Quote Originally Posted by EKDobbs View Post
    Videographers, mostly. DSLRs can't autofocus worth a damn during live video, so people would rather get the nice MF lenses. I'd know, I use my film lenses for video when they're not being used for film. You wouldn't believe how many (digital) canon people own a whole collection of Nikon MF lenses.
    Here's another 85/1.8 Nikkor-H I had (owned between the beater above and my latest 85-K)
    Note the 3 holes that were drilled for a post/stem to "pull-focus" during a video shot....

My career began with MF Nikkor primes and the whole artistic process/principle of ME focusing is behind my preference for using the lenses....just sayin'.......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use em on Canon as well but they are mostly used on my Nikkormat, F, F2 and FM2n.

They certainly don't sit in any closets.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Don't even get me started on the digital kooks. Yet another thing they're trying to take - all the decent MF lenses. And for what? A bunch of shitty bokeh shots?
    Glad I got all my 6006 lenses cheap before that craze started.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    I recall seeing, in another context, some Canon users complaining they couldn't use their older, pre-EOS lenses with newer Canon gear; not being a Canon user I don't know how true this is. Maybe it is easier to use Nikon stuff?
    The film register distance difference between FD and EOS makes it impossible to use FD lenses on EOS without an adapter + the usual mediocre optical element to allow infinity focus. Canon made one for looooong tele lenses when they made the switch, but they're rare and expensive. I'm using Zeiss C/Y lenses on EOS, because I can. Kinda wish I'd kept my Nikon lenses, though.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I'm using Zeiss C/Y lenses on EOS, because I can. Kinda wish I'd kept my Nikon lenses, though.
    Don't mention which eos or you could be branded a Kook

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Don't mention which eos or you could be branded a Kook
    Oh, I'm used to that. But I've used them on a 5D, 1V, RT, and 1N. I currently have the 25mm attached to an RT, waiting for this subfreezing weather to go away and take that blasted horizontal rain with it so I can go out for walkies.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    The noct nikkor has taken on a status bordering on insanity. However the OP did pay 18.00 a piece for the cameras so even 50.00 for a decent 1.4 may seem like a lot.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=120867409924

Now up to 3250$, 24 bids, and 3 days to go.

People's heads are seriously twisted on wrong.

Edit: Do a search on flickr or similar for noct nikkor or any of the other overpriced 50s, and you'll see a demographic revealing itself along with the same general blur-driven empty photography.
    Last edited by clayne; 03-01-2012 at 03:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is an odd obsession. Never before have old fences gotten so much attention. Wish I had a noct to sell though.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a lot more than ten Nikkormats/Nikomats but I also have many standard Nikkors. if I can remember all of them they are: two 50/2 H, two 50/2 HC, three 50/2 'K', one 50/1 AI, two first generation 50/1.8 AI, one late 50/1.8 AI, one 50/1.4 S pointy prong, one 50/1.4 S round prong, one 50/1.4 SC, one 50/1.4 early 'K', one 50/1.4 late 'K', one 50/1.4 AI and one 50/1.4 AIS. In addition to these I have one 45/2.8 GN C, eleven 55/3.5s and one 55/2.8. I read earlier today that Kodak has discontinued all color slide film so if you want to put some Ektachrome in those Nikkormats, get it now. You don't say which Nikkormats you have. Some standard lenses can probably be bought for a good price if they are attached to non-working camera bodies. There are still 50/1.8 Series E Nikon lenses available for reasonable prices and also look for some 55/3.5 lenses.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin