Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,869   Online: 982

Shooter
    35mm

Online source for Canon Lens Replacement Parts?

The pin inside the Shift Knob of my Canon Tilt Shift lens got lost...Is there a way I can find a store online which sells replacement parts for Canon cameras?
    I have the knob I just need the pin to put it back...
    I have looked at ebay, etc and so far I couldn't find any stores which sells small replacement parts for camera lenses.

Thanks for the help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never seen the lens, never stopped me before. Does it go through the knob and shaft at 90 degrees?
    If it does, then a piece of brass rod from a hobby shop can provide it.
    As far as a genuine replacement, unless you can find a source of no longer made bits, I'm afraid you may be out of luck.
    Something like a camera repair shop may help but it's not going to be the guy down the street but someone who bought out Canon's old stock.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any info on the pin (diameter, length, material, finish)?

Is there any work on the pin (threads, knurls, splines)?

I can probably provide a suitable replacement (not an original Canon part) if it's not too exotic.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Never seen the lens, never stopped me before. Does it go through the knob and shaft at 90 degrees?
    If it does, then a piece of brass rod from a hobby shop can provide it.
    As far as a genuine replacement, unless you can find a source of no longer made bits, I'm afraid you may be out of luck.
    Something like a camera repair shop may help but it's not going to be the guy down the street but someone who bought out Canon's old stock.
    Finally, I have sent it to Canon to fix it. They were fast and charged me around $120 which wasn't bad...I guess. I can recommend them!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    Any info on the pin (diameter, length, material, finish)?

Is there any work on the pin (threads, knurls, splines)?

I can probably provide a suitable replacement (not an original Canon part) if it's not too exotic.

- Leigh
    I wish I had seen this earlier. I ended up sending it to Canon. They did a really good job!!! I will let you know next time when I need parts!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin