Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,583   Online: 1037

Shooter
    35mm

OM20 shutter problem

I've just started using an Olympus OM20 which has not been used for about 10 years, I've put new batteries in and all seems ok- the check buzzer works and viewfinder numbers seem to work ok with shutter speed indicator changing when I adjust aperature.

The problem is when I take a photo in Auto mode the shutter always sounds as if its open for the same length of time regardless of the indication- eg if the viewfinder is indicating 1/8 the shutter sounds a lot faster than if I select 1/8 in manual. In manual mode it seems fine with the shutter sounding as if it's getting longer as I decrease the speed.

Also when I use the bulb setting, pressing the shutter release only opens the shutter, the only way to close the shutter is by changing the mode dial to manual.

Is there something wrong with the camera or something I could be doing wrong.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You must have film in the camera for the auto exposure to be accurate.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    35mm
    You must have film (or reflective card) loaded AND a lens on the body. John

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the replies, I was trying the camera with no film in, I have now tried a roll of film through the camera and it seems to work fine.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin