Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,060   Online: 868

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Olympus OM-1 is the best camera to handle; as good as a Leica. I have both
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try using the Maimya RB67, everything else is small!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As a owner of R6, R6.2, FM2 (almost same as FE2) and FM3A I don't see any advantage of FM bodies over R6 and vice versa. Since I prefer Leitzs over Nikkors I don't use Nikons anymore and continue using R6+R6.2 Time to time I take a walk with FM2, F3 and F2.

Quote Originally Posted by Araakii View Post
    The R is a giant brick. I can't imagine using it.
    You forgot to add some number to the R. R6 definitely isn't a brick.

Shooter
    35mm
    kapro, thanks for the comment... I wanted to hear from someone who used both systems to give me a sense of preference. And yes, the more I read about Leitz glass, the more I am convinced that going the R6.2 (or possibly R7?) route is the way to do it.

OldBodyOldSoul, I was looking at the entire F-range, but then decided to fix my interest on the FE2 for it's unobtrusive styling and simplicity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjin View Post
    And yes, the more I read about Leitz glass, the more I am convinced that going the R6.2 (or possibly R7?) route is the way to do it.
    I'd stick with 6 or 6.2. Those are mechanical. Difference between 6 and 6.2 is 1/1000 vs 1/2000. I use both in studio with winder and almost exclusivelly with 90mm and Macro 100mm lenses. Those are terrific.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have had manual Nikons from F-301, EL-2, FT2, to F4. Currently use Leicaflex SL2 and R7. R7 is about the same size and weight as R6. R7 is great to use, bright viewfinder, ergonomic, relatively small and quiet. Ergonomically, the Nikons suit me, as well. The real difference is in the lenses. There I think Leica can't be beat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh god not another Leica VS Nikon...

The fact that these two are even on a similar enough level to compare in threads like these, then you look at the price point... Nikon wins every time. Spend the surplus on lenses, spare bodies, and film...
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kapro View Post
    As a owner of R6, R6.2, FM2 (almost same as FE2) and FM3A I don't see any advantage of FM bodies over R6 and vice versa. Since I prefer Leitzs over Nikkors I don't use Nikons anymore and continue using R6+R6.2 Time to time I take a walk with FM2, F3 and F2.

You forgot to add some number to the R. R6 definitely isn't a brick.
    Oh yes, my bad, I meant R8.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Oh god not another Leica VS Nikon...

The fact that these two are even on a similar enough level to compare in threads like these, then you look at the price point... Nikon wins every time. Spend the surplus on lenses, spare bodies, and film...
    That's why if you look at the origin post for this thread, you will see that I mention that the bodies in combination with the lens are about the same price. The Zeiss 35mm f2 being about 20% more expensive than the Summicron, and the Leica R body being more expensive than the Nikon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjin View Post
    That's why if you look at the origin post for this thread, you will see that I mention that the bodies in combination with the lens are about the same price. The Zeiss 35mm f2 being about 20% more expensive than the Summicron, and the Leica R body being more expensive than the Nikon.
    You're facing the common myth that Leicas are *always* absurdly expensive and *never* worth their price...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin