Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,537   Online: 1083

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nikon F3 - 1 second in manual mode not working?

Hello,

I was given an F3 today, and I've been trying to fix it up (it's been sitting somewhere for 20-odd years.)
    One thing that troubles me, is 1 sec doesn't fire correctly in manual mode- it's more like 1/8-ish. All the speeds above and below it are fine in both modes. In A mode, 1 second is fine. I have working batteries inside.

That isn't normal is it?

Also, should I not expect the LCD illuminator to work 100%? It's a bit dim and takes a hard button push to work.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1 second should be 1 second shutter duration when the shutter speed dial is set to 1... providing your batteries are good and the swich is turned to the on position.

The "illuminator" is not one of the better features of the F3. Even when new it was a hard button to push and only dimly illuminated the LCD.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you! I actually did a bit of reading and found out about the illuminator, but thank you!

As for 1 second, it only works in A mode for some reason still. The rest of the camera seems okay, so I will just be using it. I can hardly complain about a free camera.
    Those who know, shoot film

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    Thank you! I actually did a bit of reading and found out about the illuminator, but thank you!

As for 1 second, it only works in A mode for some reason still. The rest of the camera seems okay, so I will just be using it. I can hardly complain about a free camera.
    They were arguably one of Nikon's greatest. They also had the ability to meter in A mode insanely long exposures--great for night shots.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin