Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,156   Online: 1070

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk View Post
    Why don't Leica make SLR lenses for other makes now the R System's gone?
    Their production capacity is fully committed just to support their own systems. They have a months-long backlog of orders for M lenses despite ever-higher prices, and they have plans for further development of the M and S systems and possibly for a future mirrorless digital system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Why are there seemingly so few used late model R lenses out there for sale? I've been looking and looking for a 2.8 90mm for my dad's R9.
    A dealer I often buy from - www.vintage.visuals.com - has a selection (which changes constantly) of used Leica R lenses. No 90mm at present, but you can check in from time to time. He is based in Calgary so you don't have to deal with customs/exchange rates/extortionate shipping, etc. I have dealt with Vintage for over a decade and have the prices there to be reasonable and the grading to be quite consistent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The R lenses I've seen lately have still been less than M's
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin