Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,013   Online: 858

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Leica R lenses - where are they??

Why are there seemingly so few used late model R lenses out there for sale? I've been looking and looking for a 2.8 90mm for my dad's R9.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think people dont want to lose them and dont want to sell cheaper than they bought .

I found one for 2900 dollars : Here is the link :http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-..._290_Asph.html

another link :http://www.westlicht-auction.com/
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 03-09-2012 at 09:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    a lot of digital photographers use them because they are such good glass -- they can be adapted to Canon digital slrs...KEH has an ever-changing selection, check there often.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's true, people who have them tend to hang on to them...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm
    In my attempt to get into the Leica R system, I too tried looking for R lenses.
    In regards to being very popular (and thus expensive), I agree with the previous poster about people with other systems buying them up. All the good ones get bid up to crazy prices.
    I searched KEH and saw some decent ones I would've considered but I would've been killed on the customs charges due to UPS brokerage fees, etc. If you're in the US, then I think KEH or even Adorama might be good.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why don't Leica make SLR lenses for other makes now the R System's gone?

And how much better is that lens going to be than a Planar 85mm 1.4 brand new for half the price down to 2.8?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dugrant153 View Post
    I searched KEH and saw some decent ones I would've considered but I would've been killed on the customs charges due to UPS brokerage fees, etc. If you're in the US, then I think KEH or even Adorama might be good.
    There is always this way/place http://www.postandparcel.com/package-holding.php
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can also check Sherry Krauter's website:

http://www.sherrykrauter.com/product...y=reflexLenses

She services the lenses she sells and, in my experience, has always been a straight shooter. She has a 90/2.8 for $450 on her site right now.

Ben Marks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dugrant153 View Post
    This is who I use: http://www.tsbshipping.com/

Point Roberts is just a 15 minute drive for me.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the scheme of things, Leica sold very few SLRs and lenses so they will be a bit difficult to find and hence, not be cheap. As for Leica making SLR lenses in different mounts, probably a licensing issue if Canon, etc. patented their mounts. Probably, they'd only make DSLR lenses today. But, again probalby at the prices they'd have to charge would mean few would be sold. They might fo well worth the prime lens market as it still is not being exploited well by the makers.

They might do well in the micro 4/3rd market as it seems it is gorwing at the expense of the DSLR market. As it is a universal mount, the market for a single lens would have a broader market.

It would have been great it the company had come out with a line of lenses say with the M42 mount or for use with the adapt-all system that was so popular but that time has long past I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin