Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,687   Online: 715

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too am a big fan of metal, mechanical, manual (3-M) cameras. I have used Canon and Nikon 3-M cameras but I have never used the Canon F1. However, I had colleagues who used and loved them.

If I were in your situation, I would get the Nikon F2 (another great 3-M camera) so I could use the Nikon lenses I already owned. However, if I have always wanted the Canon F1, I would get it because life is just too darn short.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/5226987647/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0714b sml.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I have one myself, a great camera. Get it, can't go wrong.

Jeff
    Me too. +1
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one for close to 30 years and bought another one on Ebay. I know Canon f1N like the back of my hand. Had to give up my motor drive with high power nicad pack because I'm older and can't stand the weight. So if someone wants to make me an offer for the whole Kitten Kaboodle with charger and dummy battery, please do so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aww jeeze, I hate threads like this. I just get myself convinced that I have far too many cameras, and then I stumble across a thread like this. Then I start thinking that I've always wanted one too, and the next think I know my wife is saying, "A package came for you today. What did you buy this time?"

The F-1 is a great cam, but then I started with an A-1, and still have FD lenses. As mentioned earlier, if you already have Nikon lenses, it might be a consideration to go Nikon. The other thing to know, if it matters to you, the FD lenses are not compatible with the EOS line (film or digital). There are adapters, but they require a correction lens to reach infinity focus, so you would lose image quality if you decided to go EOS later. Learned that one the hard way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin