Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,061   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    I know cloth shutters and metal ones- the F3 seems to be somewhere in between (?): sort of kinkable, but looks breakable as well.

I *really* like my 'new' F3-non-HP. It feels incredibly tough, tougher than my EOS 1N even.(
    If you read the EOS 1N manual it has quite a few precautions about it's shutter curtain stating, "Strongly blowing air onto the curtain may deform or damage it." and "take the picture within 30 seconds after swinging the mirror up to avoid burning the shutter curtain." Nikon F3 uses titanium foil focal plane shutter and does not have the second precaution as the EOS 1N and the rest of the EOS 1 & 3 lineup.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    Hummm, that honestly looks like my old F3 I sold 5 years ago, same depression, same place. By any chance does it have a small dent on the top of the finder?
    Haha, this thumbprint is more common that you would think.

I choked in the heat of the moment on an assignment once when I was green and put my thumb through an Fm2 shutter.

Luckily I had a backup body.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This happens, probably with someone less experienced with loading or when loading IR film in a bag or in the dark. I wouldnt worry unless you see it rub or see marks of rubbing on the raised bumps. Test it by going through the faster speeds with some film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Unfortunately mine happened when I had the camera hanging around my neck while loading film. I had the back open, camera facing lens down about to load when the film canister slipped from my hand and landed dead centre on the shutter. It looked bad, but everything worked fine, no light leaks or any issues since.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    Hummm, that honestly looks like my old F3 I sold 5 years ago, same depression, same place. By any chance does it have a small dent on the top of the finder?
    No, it doesn't. But then the finders are replaceable so who knows?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a small thing. Most probably works fine. Shoot a roll and decide
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin