Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,411   Online: 748

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KEH refund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's too bad. B&H just got my money. Oh well..... it had to go somewhere ....

Shooter
    Large Format
    i just got a ex+ nikon PC lens from them ..
    ordered and received in 2 days
    and then they refunded my credit card
    for the total amount i spent on the lens and shipping
    ( joking )

i agree with keith probably someone bought it
    worth a phone call ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Acording to the blog that they had been attacked by hackers.....some people need to get a life !!!!

From Blog

"Yes, the website is unfortunately down again as we are suffering through additional cyber attacks. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We are doing everything we can to get it back up as soon as possible. The attacks are hitting our firewall preventing people from getting to the site, but we assure you that everyone's information has been kept safe. If you would like to place an order or need assistance, please give us a call at 770-333-4200. International customers, feel free to email us at sales(at)keh.com. Thank you again for your patience during this frustrating time. We hope to get this all resolved soon and hope you have a wonderful weekend"

My KEH box 2of 2 arrived today, I am still waitig for box one with the "Nikon Grab Bag" in it...... Box 2 had a F series 105 f2.5 UG lens :- looks more like LN- than UG !!! The only thing I can find wrong with it is a tiny coating mark on the rear element amout 2mm in size I suspect some nut collector returned it....I have stuck on my Nikkormat and loaded some film. Everthing else is "better than Expected" I think I will be buying more UG lenses. I have 2 nice Ugly lenses so far... beauty is only in the eye of the beholder and so must be Ugly.

I hope box 1 of 2 was not out of stock and I get a refund I realy want box 1....I am hoping it is full of more "UGLY STUFF"

I suspect will be delivered on monday...... one can only hope.

I will post Photos of the "Grab Bag"

The site is back up

Johnkpap

So far well done KEH....Please bring back AS-IS stuff!!! UG is not quite as much fun

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am glad to see that we still get our weekly postings about KEH!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    probably getting attacked by competitors hahhahahahaha
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That type of attack usually is done by a group looking for a webhost for their spam. Glad to hear KEH has a solid firewall in place to prevent malicious hosting.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i ordered today and the site worked but yes I noticed it had been misbehaving last week here and the email about being hacked/down too.
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe our various spouses got together and decided to "take out" KEH
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KEH was hit with a DDoS attack last week. Unfortunately there's no good defense against that.

They did offer free shipping on stuff by way of apology. I took advantage of that to get a large camera case, and saved $30 shipping.

Back to the OP...
    Most likely they did not have the lens in stock at the grade your ordered (or higher), so they refunded your money.
    They don't update inventory until an item is actually pulled for shipment, so most likely there was an order ahead of yours.

One very nice thing about KEH...
    If they do not have an item in the condition you ordered, they'll send a nicer copy at the price of the poorer one.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm
    OK, I got an email from KEH about my order mentioned in the OP. Basically, they said they couldn't find the lens in their stock so they refunded me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin