Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,554   Posts: 1,621,658   Online: 1123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nikkor lenses on Visoflex for Leica M?

Has anyone ever tried to adapt a Visoflex to Nikon lenses. (I know there is an adaptor to install Visoflex lenses on Nikons)

Yes I know, why do such a thing?

Just curious to know if anyone has ever done this.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Probably could only use the short 105 Nikkor to focus at infinity. the mount distance to plane of focus on the visoflex is huge. The visoflex III is slow huge and cumbersome (but a lot of fun to use) and an F2 is all you need.

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may find an adapter out there or could cobble one together, and work for close focusing. But why, as you said yourself?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The shortest Leica lens would be the 65 Elmar.
    A couple of the bellows lenses would work if you cobble something together. I believe there was also a 135 Nikkor for bellows
    You can also fiddle with enlarging or large format lenses. I've used a 135 Tessar w/shutter on a bellows(no viso).
    Some might say I have a bad attitude! Too bad.

Shooter
    35mm
    I wonder if Stephen Gandy at cameraquest.com or Tom Abrahamson at rapidwinder.com would have any ideas?

It's too bad there aren't any wide angle options for the visoflex; I'd love to put an ultrawide on one just for fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You question needs some clarification. Which Visoflex and which Nikkor lenses? Nikkor 39mm screw mount rangefinder lenses will go directly on some versions of the Visoflex. Mounts at the front and rear of different Visoflex models varied between 39mm screw mount (LTM) and bayonet M mounts. El-Nikkors with the 39mm thread mount (and sufficient clearance for rear elements) would fit on any Visoflex either straight or with a Leica M adapter.

Amazon has a Nikkor SLR mount to Leica M mount adapter: http://www.amazon.com/EzFoto-Nikon-L.../dp/B005Y7DDPS

I have an LTM bellows with chimney finder that allows the use of the C/V 15mm f:4.5 screw mount lens. At the shortest bellows draw you can focus on the front surface of the front lens element. With the Cosina-Bessa RF bodies you get TTL metering.

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 03-29-2012 at 02:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They should screw right on without an adapter.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin