Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,961   Posts: 1,523,126   Online: 970

Shooter
    35mm

OM1n Winder - Battery Corrosion

My late Uncle's OM1n was in great condition when it was given to me. However, one thing I noticed is that the batteries had corroded and left battery corrosion on some of the battery terminals of the motor winder. Curious as to what you folks would subscribe as a good way to clean out these terminals without rusting them?

I'm thinking baking soda + water and a Qtip, just like what I use for my car battery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dugrant153 View Post
    My late Uncle's OM1n was in great condition when it was given to me. However, one thing I noticed is that the batteries had corroded and left battery corrosion on some of the battery terminals of the motor winder. Curious as to what you folks would subscribe as a good way to clean out these terminals without rusting them?

I'm thinking baking soda + water and a Qtip, just like what I use for my car battery.
    I have done this on a repair of a winder 2. I would suggest a bit of regular household vinegar on a qtip and to gently rub the areas of corrosion with it. It will sizzle a little, and the just rub them clean with a bit of distilled water, and rub dry with another qtip.

You can take apart the winder pretty easily, all you have to do is take out the screws from the lower section and pretty much leave the upper grip area alone. There is one screw that attached to the strap lug thats kinda annoying.

Good luck

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin