Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,012   Online: 702

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nikon f1.2 lens with the FT3 or photomic FTN

Can the 50 f1.2 ais lens be used with these cameras? How would you meter with a lens this fast? Would I be better off with an f2as? I just love the feel and sound of the ft3 and photomic though.

Shooter
    35mm
    The 50/1.2 AIS will mount and meter perfectly with both of those bodies. The lens must have the metering prong to link with the FTN prism. I'm unsure of what you're asking re: how to meter. Meter as you would with any other lens would be my initial response. Would you be better off w/ an F2AS? I can't see how that would be the case but don't let that stop you from acquiring a short-listed classic! May also have to get an F2SB just to be thorough. Kidding aside, my FTn sees a fraction of the use seen by my AS and SB. Enjoy the classics!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The lens is mounted with the prongs in 5.6. Once mounted you need to take it to 1.2 and next; to the minimum aperture.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    35mm
    The 50/1.2 can be used with either of them as long as it has the prongs.
    Regargind the metering accuracy, that may be a different story, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It meters the same way and with similar accuracy as any other lens would on any specific camera.
    Now if you can handhold it steady enough to keep the subject in focus at 4 feet at f1.2, is another story.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    On the Nikon F, mount it like any non-AI Nikkor. Set aperture to 5.6, mount it, then go to 16, and back to 1.2. On the FT3, just mount it.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I thought the photomic ftn had a limitation on the meter head, which will only read lenses at f1.4 or slower.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    I thought the photomic ftn had a limitation on the meter head, which will only read lenses at f1.4 or slower.
    Nope. I had a 50/1.2 with one of my Ftns. Download a manual for the Ftn findr, Butkus might have one. Don't forget to send him a donation.

Here: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/nikon/n...ftn_finder.htm

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The FTn metered finder reads f1.2--says so right on the front of the bloody finder!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin