Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,771   Posts: 1,516,530   Online: 810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon F3 price?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ihave 2 F3. One FH and one with motor. Many, many years. Never a problem. In terms of the Nikkor f/1.2; I can use it with any camera, included Digital
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have both the F3 and FE, and recommend one of each. Prefer the regular lens vs the E lens although i have one also. I sometimes use a wide lens and shoot from the hip, most people don't notice. Practice will increase your aim, just as it does for gunslingers.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's exactly what I do as well. 24mm zone focused and shoot with the camera hanging by neck. Very stealth.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    134$ for an F3HP is a good price if the camera is in good working condition. You might not need the HP finder but if you wear glasses get it.
    When i bought my F3 (used in the mid 80's) i did not wear glasses now i do and i recently bought an HP finder for the camera.
    For what it's worth, i recently sold a 9+ FE for 91$ and a 50 1.8E for 41$ The E lens is nice and small but if you think you are going to use it a lot go with the more sturdy 50 1.8 or the older 50 2.0
    I now have the F, F2, F3HP, F4 and F5 and love them all. The F was just completely overhauled and is working as new. = Sweet.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The FE is probably the best Nikon SLR for the money now. I prefer how the FE meters compared to the F3, and, when shot in Auto mode, the FE has a far wider range of shutter speeds. The F3 is more durable, and has interchangeable finders, but few of us beat on cameras enough or change viewfinders enough to make these features necessary. I like the 50/1.8 AIS pancake lens (similar to the series E), the 28/2.8 AIS, and the 50/1.2 AIS (which is the sharpest of my 50mm lenses when stopped down to f/1.4 or f/2). I also like the 20/2.8 AIS for super wide shooting.

Shooter
    35mm
    Compared to what an F3 costs, I'd recommend an FE2 for the extra stop in shutter speed (2 extra stops compared to an FE) and lighter weight. Of course no changing finders and all that jazz, and if you need durability, an F3 is a tank. Otherwise, the FE and FE2 are nearly identical in terms of handling. As mentioned above, y certainly ou can't beat the price of a used FE though. I've picked up (and passed along) a couple silver ones for next to nothing in the last few months. I even saw a reasonably nice looking black FE2 at Samy's Camera for $80 but didn't buy it even though I probably should've. I was swimming in guilt for even considering it but mostly because my wife was present at the time. Had I been alone on the other hand...
    Sometimes I post my photos on flickr.
    Sometimes I update my tumblr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin