Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,568   Online: 869

Images

Replaced camera leather, anyone?

Have any of you replaced your camera leather? I'm looking at cameraleather.com and it looks nice. Did it work out? Easy? Quality?

Thanks.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funny you should post this. I just received my old M2 back from cameraleather today with a spiffy verdigris goatskin covering on it. It looks great!! I let them do it since they have all the experience with removal of old vulcanite from camera bodies. The extra cost was pretty reasonable.

Images
    I got a replacement leather kit for my M4 from Cameraleather and put it on myself per thier instructions. The hardest part was cleaning off the old vulcanite, but it was very doable. I should add that I am not usually very adept at this sort of thing, but would do it again, and, in fact am looking to recover a Rollei 2.8F with another one of thier kits.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Depending on your camera, it could be very easy or very hard. I sent Morgan (at cameraleather) my F2 so he could get the pattern down- he sent it back to me with new leather on. I eventually had to take it off and put it on another F2...anyway, its much easier than regluing your original leather- he uses little adhesive strips that are quite strong.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I only hear good things about them on other forums, mostly from people on a Leica forum. I purchased covering for my Minolta Autocord TLR and it fit perfectly and looks good. The only negative is you have to keep after Morgan for delivery. He gets busy and a little bit of the "squeaky wheel" theory applies. But from posts of dozens of people I've never heard a bad word.

The hardest part of the process is usually completely taking the old covering off not putting the new on.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
    Have any of you replaced your camera leather? I'm looking at cameraleather.com and it looks nice. Did it work out? Easy? Quality?

Thanks.
    I've done 2 Nikon FM bodies with their leather kits - fast, easy, and a great fit. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin