Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,378   Online: 993

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe your damage is worse than mine but...

Why don't you try to tweak the back into shape? I've done so very successfully twice... once with an Olympus OM-1 and once with a Nikon FM-2. What do you have to lose that isn't already "potentially" gone other than a roll or two of outdated test film? I've only warped two backs (from shear clumsiness) and both I easily repaired. All you need to do is "feel" how it opens/closes/latches... then test for light leaks. If it works then be diligent... "feel" how it opens/closes/latches for awhile... watch for leaks for awhile. Then... stop worrying so much.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    if you need it I have a parts om2 body I can send you the back from.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Take off the door from the hinge first, and look for any indentations around the edges of the door. A slight bend should not be a problem, though may be a hassle opening and closing the door. You can try to bend it back, but do it by placing the bent part on a flat surface and lightly hammering it to straighten it on that surface. Bending the other way may make things worse.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If anybody does have a beater, I'd like to swap a roll of film for the plastic timer lever.

Shooter
    35mm
    It is most likely the small silver hinge sockets on the body are bent. Possibly putting a different back on will work or maybe latch will be misaligned in the same way. John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks all + John for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin