Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,582   Posts: 1,622,139   Online: 704

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    As a long term Olympus over as well as Leica user, I'd not quite rate that high but, do rank the Oly glass above Canon and Nikon.
    Off-topic, but let's not forget about Minolta/Rokkor as well. They also did their own glass and were significantly ahead of everyone else for quite a while.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A love my Canon FD system. Great system and great glass.

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    pentax + 50mm and 28mm, everything else is LF

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One Mantra: 'OM' till end of life.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately, (for me) yes - from FD (full kit including a wonderful 300 f2.8) to EF.

Photography is my job, and unfortunately, d*****l overtook film as the method of delivery. Made sense to convert completely, however unlike some of my FD kit, the EF system had to be purchased brand new.

I do miss the FD kit I had, but managed to pick up a great original EOS-1 for my film (no 2nd body just yet), which has kept my 35mm film shooting sated.

Somebody got a great deal on an A1 and drive, Original F1 and drive, not to mention all the lenses. . . . . . . .but you never know, I might land a nice FD kit from an Op-Shop at some stage too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Off-topic, but let's not forget about Minolta/Rokkor as well. They also did their own glass and were significantly ahead of everyone else for quite a while.
    I've had two XD-11 and 2 X-700, whose Electronics have just died and nobody that I know can fix them. So, I'd say; if you choose Minolta; stick to the Mechanicals: SRT-101. SRT-200, SRT-201 and the like.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    I've had two XD-11 and 2 X-700, whose Electronics have just died and nobody that I know can fix them. So, I'd say; if you choose Minolta; stick to the Mechanicals: SRT-101. SRT-200, SRT-201 and the like.
    Personally, I just use their mechanicals. But have you had the simple stuff checked out on your X series? Capacitors?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    John Titterington in Kansas can fix 'em. He's done CLA's on 2 XD-11s for me (as well as some SRT cameras!!!) - he's the best Minolta Tech out there.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin