Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,602   Online: 894

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    The 50f1.2 is one of the few Zuikos I don't have, and have little desire for. The photos I've seen from it look soft and noticeably less attractive than from the f1.4. And even my f1.4 hardly ever gets used. As others have pointed out the f1.8 is a beautiful little lens, and the MIJ version is sharp enough to shave with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 1.2 has a very distinct look to it compared to the others. Honestly, probably the best 50mm Zuiko is the 3.5 Macro.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    35mm
    i´d say one must search for the lens of his taste, because there are more zuiko 50s which have something to offer -
    55/1.2 has very special rendering wide-open with nervous curly bokeh, but is rather soft and takes 55mm filters which is a disadvantage. I won´t go for it unless you want to shoot wide-open.
    50/1.2 has nice creamy bokeh, better sharpness and less CA, but also less character. advantage - 49mm filters
    50/1.4 >1.1M sn: I´d say it´s as precise as zeiss, but with different colours
    50/1.8 late MC or MIJ: some say "rangefinder-ly" sharp, I would grade it as most-sharp non-macro
    50/2 macro: great sharpness acros whole frame, nice and smooth bokeh, you won´t believe your eyes how it can take portraits

personally, I would choose 55/1.2 for character and 50/1.8MIJ for sharpness

Shooter
    35mm
    I only have the 1.2 in Pentax and Minolta so I can't really say just how much lovelier the results from the Olympus will be until I get one . . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How do you compare 50/1.2 with 85/2.0?
    Last edited by baachitraka; 04-16-2012 at 04:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin