Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,487   Online: 898

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

nikkormat replacement of foam seal

Hi, if someone is in the UK can you tell me your experience with fixation? I was quoted a five week turn around time to replace the foam seal on the door of my nikkormat ft3. The price is reasonable though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you do it yourself?
    There are soooo many threads here explaining the process and it really is easy, even your first time.

Spring will be gone by the time your mat gets back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is a showroom condition nikkormat, so is suffering from underuse. When I pull the winder to switch on the meter, the needle jumps to the + This might be due to the actual light reading. What are the signs the meter is jumpy, and needs recalibrating? I think it's best to get a CLA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ohh its the "FT3"…that has Cds cells correct?

I would go ahead and get the tuneup…I thought it ONLY needed door foam.
    With a proper cla you'll get new mirror bumper also.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    These nikkormats are turning out to be a misnomer. Since the needle jumps to + when I cock the shutter I think the resistor is gone and not the meter itself, which is an easy replace. Agree? Disagree?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have gone to sendean cameras in soho to get a full CLA on the camera, calibration of the cds meter, and replacement of the light seals. I had a bad experience at fixation, where I was told the lightmeter was responding correctly to light.

It's either this, or try for a 3rd ft3 at Grays of Westminster.

The ft3 I bought is in mint condition.

Shooter
    35mm
    Contact Miles Whitehead instead. He offers very reasonable prices on repairs and CLAs, and does top work. I have had a Pentax MX to him for a CLA and a Nikon FE which needed calibrating and CLA, both of which he did to an excellent standard. Should be quicker turnaround as well (although ask him, because obviously it depends month by month).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have already handed it to sendean. Is there any reason to avoid sendean, as work has not started on it? Thanks for a UK perspective on this.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Nikkormat's FT3 usually have "jumpy"meter needle, going all the way up and down but eventually settling down on centre with correct exposure, but with practice it's easy to overcome. For years I used to shoot color slides with FT-3 and never had problem with correct TTL exposure's. It's condition impossible to fix due to sliding graphite contact inside meter mechanism.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The camera came with the original ft3 manual, and a nikon guide to photography, and the original lens cap!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin