Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,862   Posts: 1,583,180   Online: 700

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Case for OM-1n and OM-2sp

I'm looking to protect my OMs with very nice case, also do not want any old or used ones.

I'm wondering whether digital pen's case would fit, since they are plenty available in e**Y. Any help.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am afraid not they are too small, what about one of the people who make cases for Leica's maybe one of them does one. Luckily I got one with one of my OM's original in near perfect condition. Used pristine may sadly be your only option.

Shooter
    127 Format
    If you shop ebay hard enough new-in-box Olympus OM cases turn up now and then.

But you can get a custom half-case hand amde in leather for the OM series. I think one is from "Mr. Zhou".
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    If you shop ebay hard enough new-in-box Olympus OM cases turn up now and then.

But you can get a custom half-case hand amde in leather for the OM series. I think one is from "Mr. Zhou".
    The original OM cases were made from that black vinyl type covering over a white felt-like material. The black wears off fairly easily and it is real obvious against the bright white backing. Also, the case holds on with little loops over the strap lugs, not a screw into the tripod mount. The case was the least impressive part of the whole system.

The leather half cases on Evilbay look very nice, but they are quite dear. I've been looking at it for months now, and still can't bring myself to shellout over 60 bucks.

Since the OM's are so small they fit very nicely into various accessory cases. I use a Quantaray case that's 3"x5"x6". With the hot shoe removed, an OM will fit nicely with any standard or wide lens. Tamrac makes a case just slightly larger that will fit the camera with pretty much any lens smaller than the 200f4. Use a wrist strap and the camera slips in and out of the case in a second.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Well, the real original OM cases were black leather with fine felt linings and a tripod thumbscrew. They also had a chrome nameplate mounted to the front. I have about 5 of them.

There were also brown and tan leather cases offered. I haven't seen one to compare to the black version.

The vinyl cases came out much later, for the OM10 and 'consumer' grade models. Last year I found 4 new-in-the-box of these for about $14 each. They are nice and offer protection but, as Tim points out, are not very substantial.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    I have one of the black leather ones that I would consider selling. PM if interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a brown leather one. Impec. PM if interested.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not to hijack, but are there any alternatives to the 50-70$ leather half-shell cases for an FM2? I'm not completely keen on shelling out that much if there's a cheapo nylon/polyester alternative.
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EKDobbs View Post
    Not to hijack, but are there any alternatives to the 50-70$ leather half-shell cases for an FM2? I'm not completely keen on shelling out that much if there's a cheapo nylon/polyester alternative.
    option 1) Try to find a camera swap meet near you. (they have several near Los Angeles every month) There will usually be someone there with a box of old camera cases. Rummage through and find one you like and negotiate with the seller. Not usually too expensive.

option 2) Hunt ebay and sooner or later you will find one.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Well, the real original OM cases were black leather with fine felt linings and a tripod thumbscrew. They also had a chrome nameplate mounted to the front. I have about 5 of them.
    That is interesting. I have an OM-3 case that is NIB, and it is the same vinyl material as all the others. I would love to find a real leather case. Now you have set me off on a quest! :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin