Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,720   Posts: 1,670,115   Online: 817

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Exakta 24mm f/2.8 MC Macro Performance question.

I have this lens now for Olympus OM mount and wondering how this will perform when stopped down. Any experiences...
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this some rebranded lens or an Exacta mount lens with an adaptor ? Sorry if taht's a stupid question.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Is this some rebranded lens or an Exacta mount lens with an adaptor ? Sorry if taht's a stupid question.

Ian

Lens mount is screwed tightly to the lens, says Exakta 24mm 1:2.8 at the front and have SN: OM95603271.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The "Exakta" branded lenses had nothing to do with the great classic camera - someone just bought and used the rights to the name. They were cheap and from what I've heard universally poor lenses.

24mm lenses in Exakta mount were very few:
    The excellent CZJ 25mm Flektogon, a fairly mediocre Enna 24mm, an ISCO 24mm (apparently very good) and a few obscure & cheap made in Japan lenses...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post

Ian
    Perhaps it is this (link points to a review of a Cosina branded 24mm f2.8 MC Macro): http://www.pentaxforums.com/userrevi...-mc-macro.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Perhaps it is this (link points to a review of a Cosina branded 24mm f2.8 MC Macro): http://www.pentaxforums.com/userrevi...-mc-macro.html
    Yes, it looks like that but with Olympus OM mount.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Exakta-Lens-M...-/380395378360

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    The "Exakta" branded lenses had nothing to do with the great classic camera - someone just bought and used the rights to the name. They were cheap and from what I've heard universally poor lenses.

24mm lenses in Exakta mount were very few:
    The excellent CZJ 25mm Flektogon, a fairly mediocre Enna 24mm, an ISCO 24mm (apparently very good) and a few obscure & cheap made in Japan lenses...
    I think it an Exacta lens with Olympus OM mount...

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    I have one of these with Minolta mount. This lens has nothing to do with german Exacta.
    I paid 5 EUR for mine (it had a slightly broken mount which i repaired) and found that I wasted my money.
    The very few online comments I found about this lens confirmed this.

My copy has a red dot (no, not LEICA...) in the middle of the front element (inner surface) which gives a soft spot if stopped down too much. In addition the field curvature is enourmeous, focus to infinity and the center is sharp at infinity but the border at 2m.
    Certainly "interesting" but not what I consider a good lens.
    Last edited by ath; 03-29-2012 at 06:05 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately at infinity two images are not aligned. I do not know whether it is focusing at infinity at all. :-( Thinking to send this lens back...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin