Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,597   Online: 852

Shooter
    35mm RF

Yashinka 635 YIKES!

I found a pretty-good-look-in' 635 at an antique emporium two months ago. Saved up and finally brought her (a she) home. It seems to be missing a few accessories The little knobs that hold the 35mm film canisters and the little black plate that holds the film flat after its loaded. I know finding this stuff is a long shot , but wanted to ask. Red

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    They show up on ebay as a kit, $40-$200 depending on who is selling it,to be honest the 35mm ability is more a novelty than anything else, it works well as a 6x6 camera, as a 35mm its not the best around. Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Without the adaptor kit means you'll just have to shoot 120 in her.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The adapters are readily available, and I bought one for my 635. Make sure that you are buying a complete kit, which consists of the white rollers to hold the canister, the plate, and the take-up reel. The 35mm plate also includes the sprockets for the film.

For 35mm, I'd rate the Yashica lens as being good enough. I can't imagine anybody buying a 635 just to use it as a 35mm camera. I bought my 635 to use HIE 35mm without springing for an XPan. A bit of tape to lock to take-up spool in place, and there's some film wasted because the 120 friction counter doesn't engage on the 35mm film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin