Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,456   Online: 997

Shooter
    Multi Format

Leica M3 - frame distance too close

Hi,

as you can see in picture attached - frame distance on my M3 is little too close. Nothing to worry about too much, but if there is an easy way to fix it - it would be nice . Anyone has some idea (I would not like to take it to Leica service only for this)?

thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M3 frame distance.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Hi,

as you can see in picture attached - frame distance on my M3 is little too close. Nothing to worry about too much, but if there is an easy way to fix it - it would be nice . Anyone has some idea (I would not like to take it to Leica service only for this)?

thanks,

What focal length lens? With some of the wides frame spacing tended to be quite close (hard to trim).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you look at the sprocket holes you will see that there is no difference in the fame spacing between those two samples. The M3 has a wider effective film gate. If you want to get rid of some of that image that may not show in the viewfinder frame you could, with some great difficulty, mask the sides of the film gate. There is nothing to fix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine is the same. Don't worry about it. Just don't drink coffee before you cut your negs.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    i found this with the 21mm lens, but not so much on a 50mm lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for replays. I use only 50mm and 90mm on Leica. So no coffee before cutting and that is it .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be a fairly simple job for a professional camera repairer to adjust the frame spacing to be the same as your other Leica.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    with the super narrow frame spacing you might be able to get an extra frame or half frame, especially if you load the film in the dark

meh call me cheap but i love seeing my frame counters go up to 39 on a 36 exposure roll. just don't force it at the end of the roll or you risk a wallet vacuum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paradoxbox View Post
    with the super narrow frame spacing you might be able to get an extra frame or half frame, especially if you load the film in the dark

meh call me cheap but i love seeing my frame counters go up to 39 on a 36 exposure roll. just don't force it at the end of the roll or you risk a wallet vacuum.
    I bet you could peel an orange in your pocket .
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin