Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,233   Online: 834

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zuiko 24mm

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by berraneck View Post
    I don´t doubt that 24/2 is a nice lens, but from my experience the late 24/2.8 is simply better.
    I respect your personal experience, but all evidence (including many others' experience, and my own) suggest that they perform on par with each other. The OM 24/2.0 cost almost double what the 24/2.8 did, and uses a much more advanced optical design - there is no way it's going to actually underperform the 24/2.8.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by philosomatographer View Post
    I respect your personal experience, but all evidence (including many others' experience, and my own) suggest that they perform on par with each other. The OM 24/2.0 cost almost double what the 24/2.8 did, and uses a much more advanced optical design - there is no way it's going to actually underperform the 24/2.8.
    Actually there are many cases of expensive faster lenses underperforming slower and simpler lenses at equal apertures (it's really the usual behaviour, with notable exceptions of course).

Though faster lenses always do outperform slower ones at the apertures the slower ones don't have...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm
    I had both the 24mm 2,0 and 2,8 and really there is not a whole lot of difference IQ wise. The 2.0 is a little bigger and has a sliding hood (I believe), but if you don't need 2.0, the 2.8 is a bit cheaper and smaller! I ended up selling 2.8 when i picked up the Tokina 17mm 3.5 RMC lens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin