Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,955   Online: 1140

Shooter
    Instant Films

Nikon F2S and Nikkor 135mm f/2.8 Ai- Rabbit Ears Will Not Couple To Photomic Pins

This is really baffling, and have tried unmounting and remounting the lens at all different apertures. The window reads f/5.6, and I cannot get the aperture ring, when mounted, to mode from f/5.6, despite being a f/2.8. It looks like the rabbit earts engage with the pin, but then I cannot cycle through the other apertures to get it to index. It just sticks at f/5.6. My 50 1/4 Ai, 50 1/8 Ai, and 35 3.5 AiS, all couple and aperture perfectly.

Is there anything I have to do on the Photomic head, or on the lens, to get this combination to couple, meter, and work?

Thanks,

Arthur

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Try metering with a external meter or with a Known correct camera, and see if the meter in the F2S is correct at F2.8...F4 and so on. if it is dont worry about it.

It may be that visual display does not work at 2.8

Regards

Johnkpap

Shooter
    35mm
    The F2S has been my primary body for a couple of years. I'm not sure it makes sense that your DP2 works with some lenses but not others. More information or some photos of the lens and prism might help. Does the coupling prong on the 135 look bent or off-center? Are the lens or prism recent aquisitions? Is the DP2 seated properly on the body? Try removing it and reattaching it. Finally, it is just the window on the front of the prism that reads 5.6, or both windows? You might try emailing Sover Wong; he's an absolutely invaluble resource for F2 owners.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin