Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,232   Online: 684

Shooter
    35mm

New F2 Owner, puzzled by hotshoe

Hello,
    I just picked up a Nikon f2, and it came with a hot shoe p[late over the film crank. Now, how do I run a roll of film through it, and rewind it back into the body? I tried searching the net for how to remove the plate, but i've gotten nothing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it the AS-1 Flash Unit coupler? You should be able to remove it by turning the locking ring counterclockwise and then remove the coupler pulling from the back.
    Info about the Flash coupler here

Shooter
    35mm
    THANK YOU! The guy I got the camera from didnt remember how it came off and he was trying to pull it off! thanks again!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cgenebrewer View Post
    THANK YOU! The guy I got the camera from didnt remember how it came off and he was trying to pull it off! thanks again!
    Couldn't remember?! And he was the owner/user?

Glad to see that F2 found a better home. Work it hard.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    35mm
    He was owner, as a store owner. With the amount of cameras that he handles and sells it didn't surprise me that he didn't know such a specific thing regarding one model.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    Glad to see that F2 found a better home. Work it hard.
    Try to remember not to leave the shutter cocked for too long. The F2 is my very favorite.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin