Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,148   Online: 950

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The ME Super is a decent camera, but the FE just have a nicer quality feel to them.
    Both are aperture-priority AE with a vertical travel metal shutter.
    The ME Super is a little too small in my opinion but others may disagree. The pentax Super Program has a better feel to it for me, partly due to the added grip and partly due to the larger viewfinder.

I've bought quite a few ME Supers from garage sales and thrift stores. The majority of them have had issues in one way or another. But if you can find one in working condition, it should be a fairly reliable camera.

The 50mm f1.7 is a real gem and a bargain at that. The 50mm f1.4 is almost as good, but fetches a much higher price ($100+). Pentax SMC coatings are top-notch.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Great, I'm getting the body + 50mm 1.4 for $30. Not a bad deal methinks.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never used an FE either, but I do have experience with the ME Super. It was the first new camera I ever bought, 30 years ago, for photojournalism classes. I also use the 1.7...excellent lens on an excellent camera. Got away from film photography for a looooooooong time, just recently came back into the fold. Set up a darkroom in my house, and I'm happily printing away! The camera is light, quick handling, and I've always found the meter to be dead on. If you can afford it (he's very reasonable), send your new purchase up to Eric at Pentaxs.com for a CLA and new light seals. Mine came back from him like BRAND NEW, can't recommend him highly enough! Best of luck with your new purchase!
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    only issue i had with my ME super was that not every picture was focused properly. I dont know if it was just my inexperience, I havent used the pentax in a while. It is just that some of my pictures were miss-focused when I could have sworn they should be in focus. Not every picture, but some. I seem to get a higher hit-rate with my Prakticas. I will put another roll of film through it sometime in the near future just to make sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1 for Eric Hendrickson at pentax repairs.com. I sent him a Pentax K1000 that I bought off APUG classified forum, and it came back looking like new. Also sent him 3 lenses from KEH in "BGN" condition, and he said they were fine and didn't need CLA. so he is very honest and does great work. Reasonable prices also. Highly recommend!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i have a 28, and an array of other lenses and a me super ... nice small camera,
    pleasure to use. the smc lenses are well worth the $$ ...
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Alright, after reading through these reports and checking out online reviews, it looks like I can't really go wrong with the SMC lenses so I'll definitely be shopping around for a wide angle soon. Thanks guys
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Great, I'm getting the body + 50mm 1.4 for $30. Not a bad deal methinks.
    Depending on the condition and functionality, you will have a great deal or fantastic deal just on the lens alone!

Shooter
    35mm
    Not to mention that with an M42 to K mount adapter, you can use the ME Super with auto Takumars like the 17mm f4 Fisheye. This combination is likely the smallest fisheye since that lens is also very compact.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well, drove down to ABQ and got it. The body is in good shape except for the fact that the previous owner broke part of the flash shoe off....oh well, never used it anyhow. The lens is in perfect condition. Really looking forward to playing with it. Need to get batteries of course. Right now they're dead, so it just fires what appears to be 1/60 or so. Either way, getting that lens is nice. I can't believe how clean and bright the viewfinder is for the size of the camera. Wow!
    K.S. Klain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin