Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,710   Online: 791

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    you will love this. I actually work with 2 MX camera's, one with a 50 1.7 and one with the 28 2.8. I love this setup and I shoot wedding and portraits with it. Only reason for me going with the MX was no battery needed and i like a dial for my shutter speeds instead of the push buttons. For Christmas we bought my 8year old son a ME super and 50 1.7 from KEH, he loves it! The meter is dead on and easy to use.
    Enjoy it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like a great deal, congrats! Without batteries, you're actually firing at 1/125, which is the flash synch speed (pretty quick in its day).
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Welcome To APUG !

Quote Originally Posted by TorreyS View Post
    you will love this. I actually work with 2 MX camera's, one with a 50 1.7 and one with the 28 2.8. I love this setup and I shoot wedding and portraits with it. Only reason for me going with the MX was no battery needed and i like a dial for my shutter speeds instead of the push buttons. For Christmas we bought my 8year old son a ME super and 50 1.7 from KEH, he loves it! The meter is dead on and easy to use.
    Enjoy it!
    Welcome Home !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Welcome To APUG !

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    Sounds like a great deal, congrats! Without batteries, you're actually firing at 1/125, which is the flash synch speed (pretty quick in its day).
    Welcome Home Griz !

Ron

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Great news: just got some batteries and the thing works flawlessly. I tested it against known sources and the meter is dead on and the shutter seems damn near perfect. I think that was a well spent $30!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Ron, it's great to be home!
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll give ya $35, no questions asked!! LOL!
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So I wanted to report back to anyone who might have interest in these cameras and lenses in the future.

Camera: it's a ME not a ME Super, so I only have Aperture priority mode, which is fine, and does a wonderful job. Tested a shot in EV 7 and it exposed correctly. It handles well, even for my big hands, and has a confidence inspiring viewfinder. Big and bright and no BS to distract your eye. Shutter is smooth and the mirror slap is tolerable. I wouldn't say it's a quiet camera, but I'm not a quiet person, so that works.

Lens: Holy Moly. Coming from a Mamiya 7 and the Nikon FE, I feel like I had high expectations....and it didn't disappoint. Great contrast, super sharp, excellent out of focus rendition. Overall, what a fantastic little lens! I'm hoping to get the 28mm 3.5 since I hear it's on par.

Here's some sample shots of the first roll. Fuji Acros 100, no filters, developed in Pyrocat HD. My girlfriend working on her mountain bike, my buddy sculpting some wood, and a shot from his house.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KimPentax.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	499.6 KB 
ID:	50222

Name:	DanPentax.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	347.1 KB 
ID:	50223

Name:	SkullPentax.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	600.6 KB 
ID:	50224
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Niiiiiice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent! I'm glad you went ahead. These are great little cameras and are often ignored.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin