Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,924   Posts: 1,585,011   Online: 1028

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Spotmatic F with Industar-61 (???????? ) 52mm f/2.8 - is it possible?

I am user of Canon 600D normally and my only experience with analog is Konica Minolta Maxxum 70 which is easy to use and pretty similiar to newest dslrs. My friend gave my old Spotmatic F camera without any lenses, but I've got old FED-4 with Industar-61 (???????? ) 52mm f/2.8. I bought adapter (m39-m42) and mounted it to my camera. However, when this lens is mounted the focus ring isn't moving, it stays on infinity and won't move unless i unscrew it. The only thing working is aperture. Are these two things uncompatible or I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you for any answers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You cannot use a FED lens on a Spotmatic except for perhapss extreme closeups.. The distance from the mount to the focal plane is too far for the FED lens to focus correctly.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, I didn't knew that. Well it looks like I'm going to do some macro shots haha.

One more question: is there a problem with compatibility with any of the M42 lenses? I'd like to buy one next week but now I'm afraid I will encounter same problem.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any M42 lens will work but try and get an SMC Takumar with the coupling for the full aperture metering of the Spotmatic F (also ESII). I use Tmaron Adaptal 2 lenses with mine as well and have a couple of Tamron F/ES M42 adaptors as well as K mount for my later Pentax cameras - so that's another option.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 04-19-2012 at 12:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm sorry for spamming this thread with stupid questions but after I insterted film the viewfinder turned black, I can shoot photos (I guess) but I don't even see what I am doing. What I am doing wrong?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like the mirror is stuck in the "up" position. Take off the lens and see if that's the case.

Jim B.

Shooter
    35mm
    that was it, thank you very much!

Shooter
    35mm
    But how to fix it? Now I have to put it down manually every time I want to take a photo. Damn. It feels kinda like it doesn't have enough power to fall down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Time for a CLA.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To get this thing working properly, you will need to get it serviced: This guy is great. It will cost about $70.
    http://pentaxs.com/

you can get a Takumar SMC 55mm f2 for about $35 on ebay if you look around.

It's a great camera, well worth it if you think you might use it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin