Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,641   Online: 1212

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

KEH "ugly" Nikon lens -- a brief report!

I just bought three lenses (my new Nikon addiction...) from KEH,

200 F4 AI -> EX
    135 F3.5 Non-AI -> BGN
    105 F2.5 AI'd -> UGLY

The AI job on the 105 is the only thing that looks kinda shoddy--a couple of lumpy solder-jobs. The machining is fine.

The optics are perfect, focus and aperture feel GREAT!! I paid $50 for it.

Unless you absolutely cannot risk the money, UGLY is a perfectly viable way to get some nice kit, it seems.

That is all!

I

Shooter
    35mm
    Yep, I've gotten some pretty amazing looking/functioning cameras that were rated "ugly". I couldn't find anything wrong with them, no marks that I could find. Have also gotten some that were pretty well used and looked it, but they still functioned 100%. Luck of the draw on "ugly".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On two separate orders I purchased a plain viewfinder without the meter for a Mamiya pro, and a Mamiya super, rated "ugly". Both times I received the meter type finder. Both units had working meters. I could not believe my good fortune. I only paid $19.00 for one of them and do not remember exactly what I paid for the second, but it was around $30.00 I really miss the "as is" section of the site as I have received some incredible deals there also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A word of caution regarding "really nice" ugly stuff...

If you order an item at a particular quality (UG or BGN for example) and they do not have it in stock at that quality,
    but do have it available in a higher quality, they will ship the better item at your original order price.

You should not expect anything better than their published description, even though you might well receive something better.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I always expected that is what might be happening. While I did not expect this, it happened so many times that I would be dissapointed if it didn't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, no, no!!! Ugly stuff from KEH is awful. I should know! I bought at least 4-5 ugly lenses from them over the years and have another one coming next week. Take it from me. You don't want them. No.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Minolta SRT-101, and Canon T-50 That I Got For $1.99 Are Very Attractive !

I Also Bought An Ugly 65mm F8 Super Angulon For $99.00, Seems To Be Flawless.
    Except For An Extremely Minor Ding On The Filter Threads.

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Makes me hopeful. I have an UG Leica Summarit on it's way. Also bought an "ugly" Rolleiflex. Leatherette is a bit beat, but the glass was perfect, needed work on the advance assembly (as said in their description). CLA later and it was good as new for a third of the price.
    I like to turn a negative into a positive. Visit my website to see my work! www.awasos.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome to the world of the KEH "Ugly" lens

So far all mine have been very nice, one or two just needed a clean:- except for a nikon 300mm F4.5 Non AI lots of extrenal wear ....but glass is
    spotless .....it is a lot of lens for $33.00 you can't buy a 50mm f2 lens that's usable for that price.

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Instant Films
    The folks at KEH are wonderful. They have fantastic customer service, and are very conservative in their ratings. And, don't forget that new 6 month warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin