Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,828   Online: 888

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    What do you call a Yugo with a flat tire? Totaled.

What's included in every Yugo owner's manual? A bus schedule.

What do you call a Yugo that breaks down after 100 miles? An overachiever.

Thanks for the hilarious jokes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sold an SP F right here on the boards recently for 25usd shipped.
    It needed CLA but was pretty clean.

Shooter
    35mm
    @CGW & narsuitus
    Come visit me in homeland of Yugo, we can find something for you! Maybe even non-rusted one!

*For the record Yugo was actually produced until November 2008, with minor facelift near the end of it's production. Facelift version "Yugo Koral In" looks quite nice to me. Yugos exported to USA were probably best built - imagine just how plain bad were ones for domestic market.*

-Stefan
    Last edited by IronStar; 04-27-2012 at 05:16 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: few posts appeared since i started writing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    I sold an SP F right here on the boards recently for 25usd shipped.
    It needed CLA but was pretty clean.
    The reality that CGW doesn't grasp or understand is that these Spotmatics are so wwell made they don't really wear out a quick CLA revives them for many more yeras. I sold an S1a back in the late 70's and saw the buyer again about 4 years ago and it was still his only camera and as reliable as every.

These days we expect things not to last, or become obselete, but bhey I can still get film for all my cameras even the obscure sizes like Quarter plate and half plate.

So yes there's a glut of 35mm cameras at the moment but those prices will rise again soon.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by IronStar View Post
    @CGW & narsuitus
    Come visit me in homeland of Yugo, we can find something for you! Maybe even non-rusted one!

*For the record Yugo was actually produced until November 2008, with minor facelift near the end of it's production. Facelift version "Yugo Koral In" looks quite nice to me. Yugos exported to USA were probably best built - imagine just how plain bad were ones for domestic market.*

-Stefan
    Stefan,

Thanks for the generous invitation, your great sense of humor, and your good nature.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by IronStar View Post
    @CGW & narsuitus

-Stefan
    You were luckier than the poor souls who got stuck with the Trabant--a truly scary car.

Shooter
    35mm
    Crazy thing is, East Germany (the country that produced the Trabant) had one of the highest standards of living of the Eastern Bloc countries. Which tells you how truly awful life was in the Soviet sphere during the Cold War. But that's way OT. The Spotties are good cameras, and probably worth every cent the free market values them at.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Just try finding a clean Yugo!

At least the jokes were funny:

What do you call a Yugo with a flat tire? Totaled.

What's included in every Yugo owner's manual? A bus schedule.

What do you call a Yugo that breaks down after 100 miles? An overachiever.
    How do you find parts for a Yugo? Follow another one down the road.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    I was tooling around on KEH.com and saw this Spotmatic SP F body:

http://www.keh.com/camera/Pentax-Scr...000022500?r=FE

More than $200 for one in EX+ condition? That seems crazy. I may have to dig mine out see what kind of condition they're in.
    I suppose this is because EX+ for KEH is on another class than "mint" or "excellent" on eBay or similar sites. In common parlance "mint" only means "very good conditions" or "no big marks".
    Serious auction sites have a totally different approach. "Mint" actually means that there is no detectable sign of any kind (after inspection with the monocular, I suppose).
    So an EX+ might be in very, very good condition.
    If you need the camera to take pictures, anything working is fine.
    If you are a collector every little sign of use matters.

Some people value virginity (and they pay for it! ).
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    Finding a Spotmatic and finding a Spotmatic F, are two entirely different things. I peruse thrift stores and swap meets constantly and find a Spotmatic of some kind probably every couple of weeks on average, and around 1 in 4 is in nice shape/solid working order. In all my time doing so I've yet to run across an F.
    Sometimes I post my photos on flickr.
    Sometimes I update my tumblr.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin