Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,674   Online: 790

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    What do you mean by " totally dead " how long since the camera has been used ? was there no display on the screen when it was switched on ? have you cleaned off any oxidization on the battery contacts?
    One reason for the shutter failing to fire on a T90 is that the shutter magnets become magnetized and won't separate if the camera isn't used regularly, I find that gently beating the camera base on the carpet a few times can free them, if this doesn't work the camera needs to be serviced by a professional.
    Thanks for the advise. I talked to numerous technicians; nobody wanted to work on her. I knew it was a matter ot thorough cleaning and nothing more
    Everybody said: "it's too old, there are no parts, etc. Finally I went to the Owner of a Camara Store. He said leave to me. He went to the first technician I went. Short story; the camera suffered a thorough cleaning. Today is like knew. Price: 15 bucks
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    What do you mean by " totally dead " how long since the camera has been used ? was there no display on the screen when it was switched on ? have you cleaned off any oxidization on the battery contacts?
    One reason for the shutter failing to fire on a T90 is that the shutter magnets become magnetized and won't separate if the camera isn't used regularly, I find that gently beating the camera base on the carpet a few times can free them, if this doesn't work the camera needs to be serviced by a professional.
    I found a professional to do a thorough cleaning. Price: 15 bucks. Today is like brand new
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    Thanks for the advise. I talked to numerous technicians; nobody wanted to work on her. I knew it was a matter ot thorough cleaning and nothing more
    Everybody said: "it's too old, there are no parts, etc. Finally I went to the Owner of a Camara Store. He said leave to me. He went to the first technician I went. Short story; the camera suffered a thorough cleaning. Today is like knew. Price: 15 bucks
    I'm pleased I could help Pamalite, I would strongly advise you to make sure you fire the T90 shutter on a regular basis, it's a camera that needs to be used.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by waltereegho View Post
    Thanks, everyone. I've decided to keep my FD system and just deal with the extra weight. It looks like the overall cost of swapping systems outweigh the benefits.
    Good decision. I've owned Olympus OM and Canon FD and there's nothing between them worth the trade. If you want a light, almost pocketable Canon I'd recommend the AV-1. It's overlooked as downmarket but the auto metering is excellent, there's a 1.5 stop override button and you can easily change the ASA for more subtle exposure variations.
    I own a T90, an A-1, and an FTb but my two AV-1s are used most often because they're virtually point and shoot for street work, especially with a wide angle lens. Another under-estimated camera that's available cheaply is the AT-1. Full manual, a good light meter, readily available batteries, an electromagnetic shutter and access to the FD lens system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And let's not forget the AL-1. Focus confirmation is pretty good in decent light.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin