Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,490   Online: 1024

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: battery prices

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would agree with the previous post, except for one factor. The Rebel 2000 uses battery power to wind the film, so batteries tend to be used up quite quickly.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Matt, the Yashica T3 which makes 60 135/24 rolls half of them with flash also has an electric winder/rewinder. I really am amazed at how long those batteries can last.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    Matt, the Yashica T3 which makes 60 135/24 rolls half of them with flash also has an electric winder/rewinder. I really am amazed at how long those batteries can last.
    For the Rebel 2000, Canon says 24 rolls with 50% flash use (24 exposure rolls at 20C).

I expect the EF lenses use a fair bit of battery powers.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try the local electronics wholesaler if there is one near you.

The big one in the GTA is a chain called Sayal. They often sell batteries for half or less of thier retail price. the are sold in a plastic zip bag, uncarded and unbranded.

I have also bought cards of alkaline watch batteries there - each has 5 batteries of 10 different kinds for $5. It keeps watches, digital thermometers, pH meters, light meters (bridged kinds), etc in service. If they don't last as long as the $2.5 per cell varierty, I am still happy.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Batteries can be quite cheap on eBay, especially from Asian sellers. I buy from them regularly and never had a problem (except slow shipping at times).

As for Canon Rebels -- they may be good but I run from them. I can't give 'em away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin