Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,708   Posts: 1,482,882   Online: 1057

Shooter
    Medium Format

Minolta X-300 repair in UK ?

I'm writing to ask if anyone knows where i could get a minolta X300 repaired in the UK, my friend bought one and it will not fire and the film winder doesn't appear to be working either, thanks in advance for any help or advice.

John.

RMD

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    35mm
    A call to Newton and Ellis in Liverpool might be worthwhile. I don't know if they cover Minolta and they may not be the cheapest but reports indicate that their workmanship is amongst the best.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This may well be a case of capacitor failure. Annoying but easy to fix yourself: http://www.twid.de/x700/#fixc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    seconded the strong possibility its a capacitor failure. The symptom is viewfinder LEDs light when camera is turned on and go out when shutter is depressed. shutter does not fire. Its an easy repair if you have done any soldering. Just watch you dont put too much heat into the board. The capacitor is obvious if you remove the baseplate and replacements are here (it says X700, but it is alos the correct part for X-300)
    http://www.micro-tools.de/en/Camera-...00-C9-C10.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin