Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,931   Online: 1115

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by IronStar View Post
    Some Russian lenses were made in F mount. I think that Helios is among them.
    Also watch out not to force them to screw in more then possible, as the are notorious for breaking mounts.
    Yes, there was a Russian SLR which used the F mount. I don't remember which though.
    edit - yes I do, it was a Kiev 20.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 10-03-2012 at 11:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Legendary lens.
    KMZ re-introduced Helios 40-2 (М42х1 mount) at Photokina this year, overall 6 photo lenses and 1 new cine lens, some cameras too.
    I think one of the photo lenses (fisheye) was in Nikon mount but don't hold me to it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Do we know if the new lenses will be available in M42, I heard that it was Canon and Nikon mounts but I didnt hear any mention of M42. Thing is, I use M42 so want to see M42 ones available.

from a ranslated page linked to from photorumors:
    "the lenses have been developed and have bayonets for digital camera Canon and Nikon - said the head of the marketing department"

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a lot of controversy around this whole issue of KMZ re-introducing these lenses, so I'll try to separate facts from rumors here.

The initial (very small) batch of Helios-40-2 lenses was already released in M42. I personally know several lucky buyers, so this is a fact. The new lenses look exactly the same as the legacy versions, using the same amber coatings (single-coated, I presume); with one exception: they lack tripod mount.

Fact: the initial batch was sold out in less than 40 minutes from the factory's outlet in Krasnogorsk; they priced the lens at 8041 RUB, which is roughly 200 EUR or $250.

Rumors: subsequent batches are supposed to bear a higher price tag, although I don't know of any definite information on pricing and availability. Unfortunately, an online store is still in development, so this lens will probably keep selling in small batches through the factory's only retail outlet until the end of the year. I've heard rumors about distribution agreements made with US and European-based photo chains, so there's a good chance these lenses will officially make it into the rest of the world - but again, most probably not until some time in 2013.

Through mid-2013, the factory announced plans to start manufacturing an MC version of this lens; the MC version is supposed to be available in Canon and Nikon mounts, albeit with no automation of any kind (they'll be "bare", or "dumb" mounts).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin